Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobber's 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Chat

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Dobber's 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    What's the over/under on Dobber cracking open his first beer of the day? I'll set it at 11:46 am ET and take the under
    If you didn't crack it yet, I beat you to it (11:44)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What's the over/under on Dobber cracking open his first beer of the day? I'll set it at 11:46 am ET and take the under
    I'm hoping the under! You have to do it for me, I have a midterm at 12 MT

Dobber Sports Initiate

DownwithBrown/McIndoe had an article a few days ago about historical trades, and discussed how 20 years ago, big name players demanding trades, and even staying home until they were moved was a lot more acceptable than it is today. It's worth keeping in mind when we question St. Louis' character that someone like Doug Gilmour did the same thing to force his move out of Calgary. Coffey and Messier did the same thing. We don't sit around today talking about how those three were bad team guys or lacked character, do we? Here's the article. I am referring specifically to the section on holdouts: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/wh...-trade-market/

Dobber Sports Giant

I've heard reports of Eller AND Markov being mentioned as serious trading pieces in Montreal. I know Markov had already been brought up, but I'm hearing a package is now the asset that is being used as trade bait. Not sure what to think of it...
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Apprentice

TRADE!

For the eighth consecutive Trade Deadline - Dobber trades cash in exchange for Pizza
    I think the biggest winner here is the Beer that will be paired with it. Great compliment to each other.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Crap, why don't I have beer? Day off work, and it didn't even occur to me to pick some up.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    DownwithBrown/McIndoe had an article a few days ago about historical trades, and discussed how 20 years ago, big name players demanding trades, and even staying home until they were moved was a lot more acceptable than it is today. It's worth keeping in mind when we question St. Louis' character that someone like Doug Gilmour did the same thing to force his move out of Calgary. Coffey and Messier did the same thing. We don't sit around today talking about how those three were bad team guys or lacked character, do we? Here's the article. I am referring specifically to the section on holdouts: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/wh...-trade-market/
    The difference with today's game is that it is a business.

Minors:

I...am your father.

Ray Ferraro just said that Martin St. Louis will play with Carl Hagelin and Brad Richards
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    The difference with today's game is that it is a business.

It wasn't a business in the early 90s?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Really curious where Callahan slots in in Tampa and what role he will have there.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

I...am your father.

Important update - whoever took the over on my beer wins. 11:53am was the official time. The damn pizza ordering process took a little longer than expected. I know I know, excuses...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ray Ferraro just said that Martin St. Louis will play with Carl Hagelin and Brad Richards
    #fantasyhockeyproblems. When I sent Oshie, Bonino, Brodin and a 2nd for him last month I was thinking he'd play with Stamkos, not those two scrubs.

The Great One

Howdy folks - Rick Roos here. Just a quick word on Loui Erikkson, who didn't play last night. During the game Claude Julien said with a pretty straight face that it had nothing to do with any possible trades. Of course you never know, but it sounds like this was just something that would've happened anyway but led to whispers since it was on the eve of the trade deadline.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    And I'll disagree. The accusation is based entirely on the timing of the request, not his reasons. Tampa is second in their division, despite losing their best player for 50+, and the team has banded together to overcome that loss. In the midst of a playoff battle where they have true potential to go deep in the playoffs their captain (who's played there for 12 seasons already) can't wait to request a trade until the offseason in 2 MONTHS. Any way you shake it, he's acting like a 12 year old and the only thing that matters to Marty is Marty's ego. Terrible captain, terrible choice for captain, and he never deserved it. He doesn't care about anything but himself.
    You seriously think he would have refused to play had they told him they couldn't do a deal until after the season? He continued to play even after requesting the deal, whenever that was. And he played well. He was a pro to the end. Every player has the right to request a move. The team doesn't have to accommodate him. Calling him a baby and a terrible captain is just blowing things out of proportion. You said you aren't a Tampa fan, why do you even care so much? Just making a big deal to make a big deal. Classic internet hyperbole.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    #fantasyhockeyproblems. When I sent Oshie, Bonino, Brodin and a 2nd for him last month I was thinking he'd play with Stamkos, not those two scrubs.
    Considering he's been a point-per-game player all season despite playing with a couple of youngsters I think you'll be all right.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg