Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Dobber's 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Chat

Default Re: Dobber's 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Chat

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Has to because you want to like St. Louis more than this?
    Um...no.

just seems that signs are pointing to a history of bad blood dating back prior to the Olympic snub.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

My point on St. Louis is we don't know for sure when this started. If he asked for a trade last off-season is he still a quitter? I think he's presented himself with nothing but class from what we've seen. Always played/trained hard. Didn't give up. Just wanted to be moved. We don't know the guy so it's wrong to make assumptions just based on a trade request.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Sharks did do a trade! Sent James Livingston for a conditional 7th round pick in 2016.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    My point on St. Louis is we don't know for sure when this started. If he asked for a trade last off-season is he still a quitter? I think he's presented himself with nothing but class from what we've seen. Always played/trained hard. Didn't give up. Just wanted to be moved. We don't know the guy so it's wrong to make assumptions just based on a trade request.
    Agreed completely. No one gets upset when a team trades or gets rid of a player they don't want, but players get crucified when they decide they want to play somewhere else. MSL never made his trade request public, certain writers did followed by Yzerman. All MSL did was privately ask to be traded, then played some of the best hockey of his career over the last 20 games or so.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nope. He's a classless, egotistical baby with no character because he couldn't wait two months for next offseason while his team was in the middle of a playoff battle. Last offseason would have been fine. This offseason would have been fine. Trade deadline with one option when Stamkos is ready to return? Yea, thus guy has absolutely zero character and deserves even less respect.

Administrator

Nope. He's a classless, egotistical baby with no character because he couldn't wait two months for next offseason while his team was in the middle of a playoff battle. Last offseason would have been fine. This offseason would have been fine. Trade deadline with one option when Stamkos is ready to return? Yea, thus guy has absolutely zero character and deserves even less respect.
    ROFL. You don't even know the guy.

Stamkos owner...???
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Nope, but from the sounds of things I think is wife might... ya know, in the biblical sense.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Nope, but from the sounds of things I think is wife might... ya know, in the biblical sense.
    Yup definitely, I'm single and 24 living in Calgary, so little f****t MSL clearly slept with my wife. We're all entitled to our opinions, and all free to share them. Laidlaw has his and I have mine and I chose to share it. Loch just chose to add no input and make himself look like a fool.

Dobber Sports Master

Yup definitely, I'm single and 24 living in Calgary, so little f****t MSL clearly slept with my wife. We're all entitled to our opinions, and all free to share them. Laidlaw has his and I have mine and I chose to share it. Loch just chose to add no input and make himself look like a fool.
    So wait, when I make a spurious assumption about someone I've never met and without all the information it makes me look like a fool?

Anyone see something funny in that? Anyone?

(ps: it was a joke... but that's okay, it was real subtle-like)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

If MSL was Russian, or 6'4, everybody would be saying the same thing as me. But because he's the little try-hard that could he gets a free pass? No f***ing way. Then he has the audacity to come out in his interview and say he's sad to be leaving. He has every right to ask for a trade. But if he wants to pretend he possesses a modicum of leadership, class, or character, he would have waited until the offseason or done it before the season started, and he would have provided a longer list than "New York Rangers". MSL can suck a d***. I hope he fails miserably in New York and the decline of his career starts now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    So wait, when I make a spurious assumption about someone I've never met and without all the information it makes me look like a fool?

Anyone see something funny in that? Anyone?

(ps: it was a joke... but that's okay, it was real subtle-like)
    The assumption/joke didn't make you look like a fool. You typing anything did.

It's not your opinion per se that puzzles us. It's the enraged mode of delivery. Got a dog in this fight?
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

If MSL was Russian, or 6'4, everybody would be saying the same thing as me. But because he's the little try-hard that could he gets a free pass? No f***ing way. Then he has the audacity to come out in his interview and say he's sad to be leaving. He has every right to ask for a trade. But if he wants to pretend he possesses a modicum of leadership, class, or character, he would have waited until the offseason or done it before the season started, and he would have provided a longer list than "New York Rangers". MSL can suck a d***. I hope he fails miserably in New York and the decline of his career starts now.
    Like he can't possibly be a regular human with complex layered emotions? Really?

He just spent over a decade in Tampa Bay. Of course he can be sad even though he wanted to leave. Ridiculous how narrowly you are painting this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    It's not your opinion per se that puzzles us. It's the enraged mode of delivery. Got a dog in this fight?
    Nope. Pittsburgh fan, don't own any Rangers or Lightening in fantasy. Think it's maybe a little embarrassing for Canada, but mostly think it's hilariously bullshit how different everyone's opinion would be if he was a different nationality, or a different size, or basically anyone but the little tryhard that could.

- - - Updated - - -

Like he can't possibly be a regular human with complex layered emotions? Really?

He just spent over a decade in Tampa Bay. Of course he can be sad even though he wanted to leave. Ridiculous how narrowly you are painting this guy.
    No more ridiculous than how much of a pass you're giving him.

Administrator

No more ridiculous than how much of a pass you're giving him.
    Yes more ridiculous. Seriously, you think he can't possibly be sad to be leaving Tampa? You ever end a relationship and still feel sad about it? Were you sad to be leaving high school, college? People are complex individuals with complex emotions. Give the man a shred of credit. He is a human being. You're vitriol towards this situation has gone beyond rationality.