Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pat Lafontaine Steps Down...

Default Re: Pat Lafontaine Steps Down...

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Maybe I'm mistaken on the roles of personnel in management in the NHL executives but I thought the General Manager was there to deal with player transactions, contracts and dealing with the coaching staff. Isn't that why they hire a GM?? I can appreciate that most Presidents probably have little to do in the run of the day other then appease the owners but for Lafontaine to quit after Miller got dealt is kinda petty in my eyes. Murray came in and I am sure was given a clear directive from Terry Pegula to clean house. Surprised Lafontaine left due to a Miller deal when the writing was pretty much on the wall for many months before he got there.
    Exactly. As my bud just said, if Lafontaine walked into this thinking Miller would stay, he's just being silly.

Now I'm hearing Nolan has been offer a three year extension. Makes sense. He's great at getting players to play beyond themselves, team unity, effort etc. Not sure he's be there for the next step, but maybe he'll learn too.

But that's rumor. Murray may want Luke Richardson with whom he won a Calder Cup.
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Wow one day after the Sabres were the talk of the NHL in a good way and then a day later they have to go an ruin it. Sad.
    LOL. Ruin it? You say that like the Sabres losing Lafontaine matters. It doesn't. He did the SAME thing to the NYI. Didn't get his way there either, so he quit.

He did a good job hiring Murray...but at that point, he officially became useless to the Sabres.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    LOL. Ruin it? You say that like the Sabres losing Lafontaine matters. It doesn't. He did the SAME thing to the NYI. Didn't get his way there either, so he quit.

He did a good job hiring Murray...but at that point, he officially became useless to the Sabres.
    Maybe I should have said Lafontaine ruined it, not the Sabres. I just meant that there hasn't been much positive about the Sabres season other than the hiring of Murray. I think sabres fans felt good yesterday and saw the team turn a new page, and today had to bring them down a bit that's all.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Exactly. As my bud just said, if Lafontaine walked into this thinking Miller would stay, he's just being silly.

Now I'm hearing Nolan has been offer a three year extension. Makes sense. He's great at getting players to play beyond themselves, team unity, effort etc. Not sure he's be there for the next step, but maybe he'll learn too.

But that's rumor. Murray may want Luke Richardson with whom he won a Calder Cup.
    Richardson hasn't won a Calder cup yet, that was Kurt kleinendorst

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Maybe I should have said Lafontaine ruined it, not the Sabres. I just meant that there hasn't been much positive about the Sabres season other than the hiring of Murray. I think sabres fans felt good yesterday and saw the team turn a new page, and today had to bring them down a bit that's all.
    well this sabres fan feels good with Murray at the helm.

Sorry Ev should have checked my sources.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes I'm a big fan of Murray. Best thing to happen in Buffalo in a while other than Nolan who I also like. I think he is the right man to turn this franchise around. He has a solid background coming from Ottawa and from what I hear had a big part in the good group of prospects that the Sens have.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

The Great One

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully Buffalo makes a few more deals before the deadline. And I love Ottawa's record at the draft table...and Murray was a big part of that. Bring on the full rebuild!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just read that Pegula paid out 95% of Lafontaines left over contract to sign a non disclosure on why he left. Wow, I think that might freak me out a little if I was a free agent.