Thread: Prospects 200

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Prospects 200

Just looking over some of the rankings.......I am really excited to see the July 10 rankings that hopefully will include all the newly drafted players.

Some notes:
    Dawes - is kinda more proven now and has solidified himself in the NHL to stay as a top 6, and possibly 1st PP unit. Seems like a low ranking, although one could argue he could be graduated.
    Nodl - Bugg sure seems to be high on him, but look at the young talent in Philly. Wow! Where does he get playing time.
    Markov - could be a huge dark horse, but too has to battle.
    Repik - not sure why he\'s so low. Sounds like he\'s a sure bet to be a top 6 in a poor Fla team. They\'ll rush him.
    Pho - its a toss up who puts up more pts Porter/Maclean, but even though - its going to be 2nd PP duty.
    StL C\'s - Why is Oshie so much more valuable than Bergland!

Just some ramblings...

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Prospects 200

Dawes should make the team next season and produce half decently.
    Nodl is a rare left wing prospect with Vanek-like upside.
    Markov? Who?

Repik in the top 6 in Florida? I\'m not so sure.
    Matthias/Jokinen/Olesz
    Booth/Weiss/Horton
    McLean/Peltonen/Zednik
    Kilger/Murray/Campbell(belak)

If one of Zed or Peltonen leave, Kreps fits in. Repik is a ways away.

PHX wingers...is porter not a RW and McLean a LW? They should both do well. I see porter in the NHL at the start, and McLean in March if at all. Just to give some other PHX prospects like Lisin a chance.

Oshie rated higher than bergs because he\'s North American bred so he doesn\'t need to adapt. Plus, the management is higher on him than Berglund. That\'s the difference. Berglund might be in the AHL for a few games. Oshie won\'t.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Prospects 200

lockedge wrote:
    Markov? Who?
    I believe he is talking about Igor Makarov. He is very up in the air right now.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Prospects 200

lockedge wrote:
    Markov? Who?

Matthias/Jokinen/Olesz
    Booth/Weiss/Horton
    McLean/Peltonen/Zednik
    After watching Repik play for in Vancouver for 3 years i am of the opinion that he could crack the Panthers top 6.
    He is defensively responsible, he hits hard, he has great wheels, can create good offensive opportunities and has a pretty good set of hands. It might take a couple years in the AHL but I\'m interested how he will perform when given the opportunity.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    18 team H2H Points only keeper league. 6FW 4D 1G

Kopitar, Kane, Backstrom, Giroux, Berglund, Elias, Steen, J Jokinen
    Byfuglien, OEL, Yandle,
    Rinne

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Prospects 200

Reprimand wrote:
    lockedge wrote:
    Markov? Who?

Matthias/Jokinen/Olesz
    Booth/Weiss/Horton
    McLean/Peltonen/Zednik
    After watching Repik play for in Vancouver for 3 years i am of the opinion that he could crack the Panthers top 6.
    He is defensively responsible, he hits hard, he has great wheels, can create good offensive opportunities and has a pretty good set of hands. It might take a couple years in the AHL but I\'m interested how he will perform when given the opportunity.
    If Florida is smart they\'ll have him in the AHL for a year until some certain players on the roster\'s contracts run up.

Florida wants to make the playoffs, and their top 6 is probably the best they can produce as their system is right now. The Booth-Weiss-Horton line really got chemistry last year. The top line is questionable, but Jokinen stated somewhere he\'d like Matthias on his wing, and Olesz had chemistry with Jokinen in the time he was there.

Leave Frolik and Repik on the backburner for a year, then when pelt and Zeds have their contracts run out, youth infusion.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Prospects 200

Repik has great skills but needs to work on his consistency. He will probably need time in the AHL.

I thought that Igor Makarov had stated that it was his intent to play in North America next year?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Prospects 200

My feeling is Dobber will bring the grade up on berglund with this new news of him being in STL already. He also has bulked up.. John Davidson during the wjc said they project Berglund as the teams future number one center. So I would say they are higher on him than they are on Oshie.. The only difference with him and Oshie is the fact Oshie is NHL ready right now. We all felt Berglund needed another year to get more nhl ready but with this new news it sounds like he is NHL ready with the added bulk.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Prospects 200

DAW wrote:
    My feeling is Dobber will bring the grade up on berglund with this new news of him being in STL already. He also has bulked up.. John Davidson during the wjc said they project Berglund as the teams future number one center. So I would say they are higher on him than they are on Oshie.. The only difference with him and Oshie is the fact Oshie is NHL ready right now. We all felt Berglund needed another year to get more nhl ready but with this new news it sounds like he is NHL ready with the added bulk.
    Berglund > Oshie woop woop
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

I...am your father.

Default Prospects 200

Berglund is not greater than Oshie, c\'mon guys. I\'m high on Berglund, don\'t get me wrong. I like to think I introduced him to DobberHockey readers prior to his being drafted and have pumped him up ever since. But I fear I did too good a job. Oshie will always be first-line center and Berglund will be second. Think Sakic (Oshie) and Sundin (Berglund) in Quebec.
    I\'m not wrong on this. This is part of my 52%.

Repik - minimal upside, regardless of when he makes the team. Remember Rico Fata tore up junior and had blazing speed and made the NHL very early. Repik is more skilled, but you can see that nothing is in stone.

Makarov has elite upside that only about 10 players on the list has. He is high risk, could be a bust, but he is a rare player who could be a superstar. Just a lot of skill period.

Dawes - sure thing for 60 some day. Will never get 70. That\'s why his ranking will never get any higher. Sure things are a big bonus on this list, but so is upside. A player needs both to score high.

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi