Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: [TRADE] Miller to St. Louis

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [TRADE] Miller to St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Does it though? I already mentioned this earlier but I'll reiterate it. I like the theory behind it until you realize that even with the projected depth of that draft it's McDavid or bust. I don't care how many picks you've got in that draft if you don't win the lottery and pick #1 then you aren't trading up to get him. It's nice to have that currency to move up but when there is one prize that "money can't buy" then you are kind of pooched. That said, the Islanders pick that they'll likely be getting has a good shot of being in the lottery as well so at least they've increased their tickets. But the Blues pick doesn't really amount to much when you consider it's McDavid or bust.
    Yeah, I am not under the illusion that that pick is going to be a playing card to get them in on Connor McDavid. And I also don't think that that draft is McDavid or bust. Unless I am confused with another year, I have read that that draft could have franchise players at 7 and 8. So you could definitely use your picks to move into those positions.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    Yeah, I am not under the illusion that that pick is going to be a playing card to get them in on Connor McDavid. And I also don't think that that draft is McDavid or bust. Unless I am confused with another year, I have read that that draft could have franchise players at 7 and 8. So you could definitely use your picks to move into those positions.
    Franchise players as deep as 7 or 8? I think it's a little early to be going out on that ledge.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Franchise players as deep as 7 or 8? I think it's a little early to be going out on that ledge.
    Hahaha, What do you mean!?!?!
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    Yeah i agree. but its hard to argue that he hasn't been the weak point.

He has let in some real stinkers, and he has really came up short in the playoffs. He is holding the Penguins back IMO. But you watch more Pens games than me. So I will defer to your judgment. (yeah I was little over the top in that post, but no way I want to be leaning on him in the playoffs anymore. You can't tell me you aren't on the edge of your seat wondering if he is gonna be stopping the ones he should....)

As a sens fan, I know what its like having a great team and a bad goalie (Emery in the 2007 playoffs)

I do realize they won a cup with him....but I don't have a lot of faith.
    I wouldn't have wanted Miller on the team if I wasn't nervous about Fleury but the past 2 playoff losses had just as much to do with poor defense and bad matchups as they did with Fleury's poor play. This year we tightened up on defense and I think another thing that will help is if Crosby can play the rest of the season out. I think the team doesn't handle Crosby returning from lengthy absences well. It's like they all relax a bit or maybe its that they change their attitude and all anyone wants to do is run up the score and no one wants to pitch in on defense.

I thought that Fleury played well a few seasons ago in the first round vs Tampa Bay when we took them to game 7 without Crosby and Malkin. Since then though we have had some pretty bad post season matchups with some teams that really don't like us.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis