Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Miller to St. Louis

Administrator

Default Re: [TRADE] Miller to St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm just curious why nobody is talking about the fact that Buffalo is getting a 2015 1st (strong draft)....and if Miller re-signs in StL, a 1st round pick in 2014 too.
    It's barely a fantasy-relevant part of the deal. Even if the prospect develops perfectly you're looking at 2016 before it matters. In all likelihood it'll be closer to 2018 though...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

There goes my pipe dream of Fleury+ for Miller. Not that it was going to happen since Fleury is having a great season but I was still crossing my fingers.

Great trade for the Blues. These two additions are going to make the them a much tougher team to play against.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Administrator

I'm just curious why nobody is talking about the fact that Buffalo is getting a 2015 1st (strong draft)....and if Miller re-signs in StL, a 1st round pick in 2014 too.
    From my end of things picks aren't really all that relevant fantasy-wise so I actually didn't even look at which ones got sent, just figured it was a couple of good ones. Pretty darn good haul for two rental players if you ask me - even if the only pieces I'd really want are the picks and prospect.

It is easy to downplay the value of the Blues first since in all likelihood it will be a late first. Anywhere from 15-30 is basically the same to me to be honest and the Blues will be a playoff team next year so that's what they are getting. But having multiple firsts in a loaded draft is a great asset because it creates flexibility for moving up to grab the right guy. Assuming the Sabres get the Islanders 2015 pick instead of this year's they'll be on three picks in the first round, two of which will be good. That's an advantage.

The problem with all that is the reality that anyone winning the McDavid lottery is not trading down. Not even for the 2nd, 3rd and 15th picks. So more than anything those picks are an illusion of currency. They'll have the ability to move up in the top 10 with that Islanders first and Blues first but nothing short of winning the lottery is getting them McDavid. So the "goal" still needs to be tanking, which it is.

So yeah, the currency is nice and there are players beyond McDavid but everyone knows McDavid is the key so it technically doesn't matter how many picks they have. They just need theirs to win.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Not that it was going to happen since Fleury is having a great season
    Dont worry. He will fall apart when it matters. He is the only thing holding Pittsburgh back from multiple cups. Terrible goalie.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Initiate

amazing in the mix of all this is that Ryan Vinz, the Buffalo back up tonight -- isn't even a professional hockey player!!

They dressed a former video scout for the game.

Check this story out -- worth a read:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/stor...-goalie-022814

hahaha
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Elliots backup against Anaheim was Jeff Tyni, a Ducks' locker room attendant. I think I would be a tad nervous if I was sitting on that bench hoping not to play

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i just sprained my shoulder patting myself on the back for my halak/johansen for miller vanek earlier...

now if only vanek would go to pitts....
    C : Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Tavares
    LW: Hoffman, Gaudreau, , Lee, Kane
    RW: Atkinson, Eberle, Radulov(LW), Ehlers,(LW)
    D: Karlsson, Trouba, Ristolainen
    G: Rantaa, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Lehner
    IR: Howard

Non-Keeper, 10 teams, H2H, G, A, Pts +/-, PIM, Hits, SOG, PPP, W, GAA, Sv%, SO, SV, Start 2 each pos, 4 D, 2 Util

Dobber Sports Stud

There goes my pipe dream of Fleury+ for Miller. Not that it was going to happen since Fleury is having a great season but I was still crossing my fingers.

Great trade for the Blues. These two additions are going to make the them a much tougher team to play against.
    Tour dream may have been closer than you think. Sportsnet's John Shannon just said that one of the reason's the STL/Buff deal got done yesterday was because STL heard ANH and Pitt were heating up their interest in Miller!
    As a Fleury owner, glad STL got it done.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Otto2000 View Post
    amazing in the mix of all this is that Ryan Vinz, the Buffalo back up tonight -- isn't even a professional hockey player!!

They dressed a former video scout for the game.

Check this story out -- worth a read:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/stor...-goalie-022814

hahaha
    I think Washington has done that a couple of times with one of their video editors... yep! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Leonhardt
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I think Washington has done that a couple of times with one of their video editors... yep! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Leonhardt
    You sure that isn't just some desperate attempt to find someone better than Holtby?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree with you man. 1st round picks in that draft are way more valuable than any other draft. Its not which ones you have now, its which ones you end up with. Stock piling them 2 years in advance is a great move....opens up all kinds of doors for them.
    REDRUM

LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    I agree with you man. 1st round picks in that draft are way more valuable than any other draft. Its not which ones you have now, its which ones you end up with. Stock piling them 2 years in advance is a great move....opens up all kinds of doors for them.
    Does it though? I already mentioned this earlier but I'll reiterate it. I like the theory behind it until you realize that even with the projected depth of that draft it's McDavid or bust. I don't care how many picks you've got in that draft if you don't win the lottery and pick #1 then you aren't trading up to get him. It's nice to have that currency to move up but when there is one prize that "money can't buy" then you are kind of pooched. That said, the Islanders pick that they'll likely be getting has a good shot of being in the lottery as well so at least they've increased their tickets. But the Blues pick doesn't really amount to much when you consider it's McDavid or bust.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well, screw me.

I was reasonably certain that this was this year's "Trade Everyone Predicts That Doesn't Happen".

Oh, well. FML

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    Dont worry. He will fall apart when it matters. He is the only thing holding Pittsburgh back from multiple cups. Terrible goalie.
    I don't know if I would use the word terrible. There are a lot of other goalies out there that I wouldn't want over Fleury.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't know if I would use the word terrible. There are a lot of other goalies out there that I wouldn't want over Fleury.
    Yeah i agree. but its hard to argue that he hasn't been the weak point.

He has let in some real stinkers, and he has really came up short in the playoffs. He is holding the Penguins back IMO. But you watch more Pens games than me. So I will defer to your judgment. (yeah I was little over the top in that post, but no way I want to be leaning on him in the playoffs anymore. You can't tell me you aren't on the edge of your seat wondering if he is gonna be stopping the ones he should....)

As a sens fan, I know what its like having a great team and a bad goalie (Emery in the 2007 playoffs)

I do realize they won a cup with him....but I don't have a lot of faith.
    REDRUM