Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tanking?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Subtle tanking I am fine with...Trading away the middling veterans for youth, picking up longshot guys with upside, or guys who should have broken out two years ago in the hopes that they finally do. If you are active, and dressing full lineups, and those lineups suck because you are stocking up on youth and taking some chances in the hopes of unearthing a keeper or two (Okposo would have been an example this year) then I am fine with that.

If you haven't logged in to the league since October 14th, ignore every trade inquiry, and just plan to show up next summer and draft Ekblad, I have a problem with that.
    If only there weren't so much gray area between those two polar opposites.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Giant

UPDATE:

Pending the outcome of a league-wide vote of GMs with 1+year tenure in the league, I may be removed from the league. I'm honestly thinking that it's going to happen because people don't like me. I really wish I didn't enjoy fantasy hockey so much, because I'm going to be devastated if I'm removed from this league. It's my favorite league, and I've spent hundreds of hours already building the roster and fantasizing about the future.

Thanks for all your input, but it looks like my own bad behavior is going to do me in. Cheers.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

There are very strong feelings regarding tanking on these boards, but the bottom line is, there is no rule in place stating that you will be removed from the league for tanking.

If you really are being removed from the league over this, I see two realities.
    1) its not a league you want to continue in anyway if they can get together this easily and remove guys who are playing within what the rules allow.
    2) these guys, as you said above, don't like you. And they are using this as a way to get you out of the league.

Either way....at this point. I would just tell them that you have decided to remove yourself. Then you use this experience to begin fresh with a new league.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    There are very strong feelings regarding tanking on these boards, but the bottom line is, there is no rule in place stating that you will be removed from the league for tanking.

If you really are being removed from the league over this, I see two realities.
    1) its not a league you want to continue in anyway if they can get together this easily and remove guys who are playing within what the rules allow.
    2) these guys, as you said above, don't like you. And they are using this as a way to get you out of the league.

Either way....at this point. I would just tell them that you have decided to remove yourself. Then you use this experience to begin fresh with a new league.
    I don't think it's irreparable. There are a lot of good guys in the league, but I've definitely acted like a jerk and offended a couple people, too. I guess my complete reliance on the fundamental strictures of the written rules was a bit foolish in retrospect.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I don't think it's irreparable. There are a lot of good guys in the league, but I've definitely acted like a jerk and offended a couple people, too. I guess my complete reliance on the fundamental strictures of the written rules was a bit foolish in retrospect.
    I guess my point is this, or at least it would be for me. The damage is done, and its always going to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'm honestly thinking that it's going to happen because people don't like me.
    If it was me, I would apologize, tell them they need to add it to the rules, and leave the league. If they are going to the extent of removing you as opposed to being reasonable and telling you to stop, and then adding it to the rules. Especially since the two teams below you are just as guilty IMO of being inactive....why do they get the higher picks for signing off for the rest of the year??? Are they getting the boot as well?
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

this sounds like garbage to me... did the same group of 'veterans' vote on the bottom two managers' inactivity? I'd be pissed if I were you and if they voted me out I'd be dropping players and making bad trades before they did out of spite.
    8 GM, keep 8, 10F 5D 2G
    G/A - 1 W/SO - 2
    F: Malkin, Kessel, Benn, Okposo, Foligno, Ladd, RNH, Wheeler, Oshie, Callahan, Neal, Brassard
    D: Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Giordano, Carlson, Muzzin, Hamonic, Suter
    G: Elliot, Holtby, Andersen, Allen

12 GM, keep 5, 10F 4D 2G
    G/A - 1 GWG - 0.5 W/SO - 2
    F: H.Sedin, Datsyuk, Kessel, Hossa, Ribeiro, Schwartz, Stepan, RNH, Marchand, Pacioretty, Cole
    D: Weber, Jones, Savard, Shattenkirk, Giordano
    G: Lundquist, Dubnyk, Elliott, Smith

Dobber Sports Giant

The main problem is that I was acting like a jerk, meanwhile behind the scenes the commissioners will deliberating how to deal with the situation. It comes down to a miscommunication as far as I can gather at this point. In my estimation, nothing was being done; however, to others it appeared that I was acting irrationally and without any patience. It's understandable why they would think as much.

The problem with inactivity is in the process of a resolution right now, and I probably should have been a little more understanding. That is ultimately what led to the vote. I've also been a "rulebook stickler" in the past, and people generally don't like that.

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you ain't first your LAST
    14 team Keeper league, keep-12 players, pts only.

F: P.Bergeron, M.Pacioretty, H.Zetterberg, E.Staal, M.Koivu, A.Semin, D.Sedin, J.Staal, J.Pavelski, P.Marleau, F.Nielsen, M.Read, A.Cogliano,
    D: K.Shattenkirk, D.Keith, M.Niskanen, O.Matta, D.Hamhuis, A.McDonald, M.Streit,
    G: S.Bobrovsky, K.Lehtonen, J.Riemer
    P: J.Drouin, R.Strome, M.Domi, A.Mantha,