Thread: Dumba NO Rumba??

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Dumba NO Rumba??

Maybe it's just me, but I have been seriously unimpressed with Dumba throughout the WJC. In fact, with the exception of Adam Pelech, Dumba has been the weakest link in the Canadian Defence IMO. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but what I have seen just doesn't look like an NHL ready D Man. He is making bad decisions with and without the puck, getting beat one on one far too often, taking bad penalties and his good moments are few and far between. Not what I would have expected. I dunno?? What do you guys think?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Dumba NO Rumba??

I don't think his loose/reckless style of play will translate too well in the NHL especially when everyone is just as fast, bigger, harder hitting, and smarter than him. He's probably going to have a tough time adjusting and will need years in AHL to develop. Course I'm also bias since I've never been a fan of his to begin with.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Banned

Originally posted by Bubba55 View Post
    doesn't look like an NHL ready D Man
    because he's not...he's years and years away IMO, too many fundamental flaws in his game to be in the NHL at this point
    not to say that he can't fix them, and he's supposed to have a pretty good work ethic so it's really up to him if he chooses to seize the opportunity to improve the holes in his game or not...

Dobber Sports Sage

Dumba has looked poor in this tourny, no doubt but I wonder why we so often say to others don't take very much stalk in WJC when a player has a great tournament but when he has a poor one we don't heed the same advice. I little confusing to me. Dumba has all the raw skills to be excellent player in the NHL just will need a little more time.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

Originally posted by gainerama View Post
    I don't think his loose/reckless style of play will translate too well in the NHL especially when everyone is just as fast, bigger, harder hitting, and smarter than him. He's probably going to have a tough time adjusting and will need years in AHL to develop. Course I'm also bias since I've never been a fan of his to begin with.
    Yeah, Dumba kind of reminds me of a Dion Phaneuf. Lots of tools, but really questionable decision making at times...

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya I think Phaneuf is a good comp, Subban is also one I have seen and like. I'm trying to trade for him right now. it's a good time but unlike most around here I was always pretty high on
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

People have been making that Phaneuf comp for a while now since the two both played for Red Deer in junior and do play a similar game although Phaneuf is WAY bigger.

Anyways, just popped in to say that thanks to the unfortunate title of this thread I will forever associate Dumba with Pitbull. Tainted forever.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg