Thread: Atkinson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Atkinson

You guys think he's gonna explode offensively this year? I love how he plays, he's exciting as hell, fast, and he shoots a ton! I know he was projected to have a breakout year this year, but with his slow start, do you think it will still happen?

The Great One

Default Re: Atkinson

I will be shocked if he has a break out year...We're 20% in to the season and he's shown nothing that implies it to me.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think it depends on your definition of "breakout". From the bits of Blue Jackets games that I've seen he's always been very dangerous and aggressive which is great but he's not getting lucky. I do think he's better than his current pace, and I think his pace will increase over the course of the season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Top 25 in SOG.

I expect his ppg numbers to get at least to 0.6ppg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I think it depends on your definition of "breakout". From the bits of Blue Jackets games that I've seen he's always been very dangerous and aggressive which is great but he's not getting lucky. I do think he's better than his current pace, and I think his pace will increase over the course of the season.
    These are basically my sentiments. The puck just hasn't gone in. It happens. As long as he keeps shooting and gets top 6 minutes, I wouldn't panic. It will come.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Columbus turned it on late last season and I bet they do it again. A healthy Horton will only help that in a couple months. I have Atkinson and I'm hanging on. Luckily, he's depth for me.
    Last edited by CES; February 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He should be good for 50pts and could touch 60pts.
    His SOG/game has gone from 2.44/game to 2.60/game to 3.50/game (this year).
    So... he's getting more pucks on net per minute and his ice-time is also increasing... from 15/game to 16/game... with room to move even further up.
    He's also getting PP-time.

He's a good player and I think he could score 30 goals possibly this year or next year.
    It's the 30 assists that I doubt... and I honestly haven't seen him play enough to know if that's possible.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I agree with this and would rep it if I knew how. He has been very unluckey from what I have seen. I expect his numbers to go up a fair bit going forward.

Dobber Sports Pro

Based on my viewings of Columbus this season I'm always pleased with what I see from Atkinson. He's figuring it out. Skates hard, shoots hard, plays hard. I think he thinks he's 6-2, the way he plays. He's someone I'd be trying to acquire in most dynasty keeper leagues right now, as his value is still perceived low especially in leagues without SOG as a category.