Thread: reilly Smith vs S.Reinhartt

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default reilly Smith vs S.Reinhartt

Hi guys,

In a point only format (1pg, 1pA), how woul you rank Reilly Smith versus Sam Reinhart or anyone coming up in the 2014 Draft (Dal Colle, Bennett in perticular) in 2-3years+.

I will have first pick this coming draft and I wonder if I should play safe with Reilly or hope for more with Reinhart pr another first rounder.

Thanks

The Great One

Default Re: reilly Smith vs S.Reinhartt

If your time frame is two to three years, I'd rather bank on Reinhart.

Reilly is doing well, but he'll never be 'the man' in Boston or anywhere else.

And I just don't see Reilly having quite the same upside; he's just not worth a 1st pick overall IMO. You need more back to give up that pick.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you are asking whether you should trade the 1st overall pick in the 2014 draft for Reilly Smith, the answer (IMO) is NO!
    12 Team Keeper (keep 12)

F: Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, W.Karlsson, Scheifele, Voracek, Marchessault, Marner
    D: Pietrangelo, Werenski, Klingberg,
    G: Hellebuyck
    Bench: Mittelstadt, Puljujarvi, Arvidsson, Tolvanen, MA.Fleury, H.Lindholm
    F & D: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HITs, Blks
    G: W, L, SA, SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dude, Smith is good, but we are talking about a potential #1 pick who could up being a fantasy stud in 3-4 years. Go with the upside and pedigree; go with Reinhartt or anyone else that'll be drafted high in the entry draft!

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah absolutely, Reinhart over Smith

Dobber Sports Wizard

Reinhart, Bennett, and Dal Colle over Smith. What he's done this year has been impressive, but he doesn't have the top gear those 3 possess.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Initiate

Also, hype dictates that this year's picks will probably go off the board first. I know 2014 isn't the most exciting class, but once Pierre Macguire starts saying their names over and over in that lovestruck tone of his, people will start to buy in. Take the guy who is guaranteed to go early, early. If you are lucky, you might get Smith in round 2.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Perfect thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd also take Ehlers and Ritchie over Reilly Smith without hesitiation