Thread: Java re-direct on forum?

The Wolverine

Default Java re-direct on forum?

Does anyone else get a 'upgrade Java' automatic re-direct on the forum? When it starts, it keeps coming up until I refresh the page. It's happened both on my laptop at home and my work desktop. It doesn't happen on any other site, and it started last night for me. If I see it again I'll try to copy a screenshot to this post.

EDIT: I've just received this warning related to the re-direct:

Attached Images Attached Images

I...am your father.

Default Re: Java re-direct on forum?

Okay thanks. Also screenshot any ad you see at the time - I would suspect it's a fancy add that needs the top of the line java - and I can have it removed
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

I've never seen the Java thing but the sound ads are pretty annoying.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

The sounds ads are not "pretty annoying" - they make me bloody furious. As soon as I hear one of those god damn ads I close my tab.

If they become the norm around here, I'll leave.

The Wolverine

I've added a screenshot of a warning just received related to that re-direct.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    The sounds ads are not "pretty annoying" - they make me bloody furious. As soon as I hear one of those god damn ads I close my tab.

If they become the norm around here, I'll leave.
    They make me just as furious. I'll remove (just don't blame me )

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    They make me just as furious. I'll remove (just don't blame me )
    I'm too much of a tech dummy to know who to blame - I just know I hate those ads with sound

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm too much of a tech dummy to know who to blame - I just know I hate those ads with sound
    LOL - the first time I heard it yesterday, I had righ click/new tab opened about five of the 'latest posts' plus opened tabs for a few latest news tidbits from my newsfeed. So about 10 tabs were loading at once and then a LOUD ad was playing because I was playing music at the same time. So I'm scrambling, trying to find which tab it is and scrolling to the bottom of each one. By the time I found it, the ad had finished and I wasn't 100% sure which tab was the guilty one! Talk about annoying...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    LOL - the first time I heard it yesterday, I had righ click/new tab opened about five of the 'latest posts' plus opened tabs for a few latest news tidbits from my newsfeed. So about 10 tabs were loading at once and then a LOUD ad was playing because I was playing music at the same time. So I'm scrambling, trying to find which tab it is and scrolling to the bottom of each one. By the time I found it, the ad had finished and I wasn't 100% sure which tab was the guilty one! Talk about annoying...
    I know on Chrome when a tab is playing audio there's an audio symbol on the tab itself. Ran into the same problem as you but was able to identify which one was causing the problem.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust