Thread: Olympic Break Clearance

Dobber Sports Novice

Question Olympic Break Clearance

Hi Guys...

Looking for your help... I'm 11/12 in my keeper pool as listed in my sig, and given where we are in the season I'll be looking to rebuild for next year.
    With my current roster, who would you trade and look to seek in return?

Thanks!

12 GM KEEP 16
    F: E.Staal, Iginla, Nyquist, Kucherov, Palat, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Scheifele, E. Lindholm, Dubinsky, Kuznetsov, Etem, Lazar
    D: Doughty, Weber, J.Carlson, Gudas, Ceci,
    G: Smith, Quick, Raanta, Lack

11 GM DYNASTY
    F: Tavares, Getzlaf, Spezza, Turris, Tlusty, J.Stall, Thornton, Sedin, Stastny, RNH, Pominville, Kadri, Hodgson, Barkov, Berglund, Gagner, S. Griffith, Beleskey
    D: Doughty, Muzzin, Sekera, Brodie, Franson, Gelinas, Ellis, D.Boyle
    G: Crawford, Lehtonen, Anderson, Scrivens, Fasth
    FARM: G.Reinhart, N.Ritchie, Morrow, Fabbri, Tierney, Prokhorkin, Stolarz, Pickard, Svedberg

I...am your father.

Default Re: Olympic Break Clearance

If you're rebuilding and you keep 18, then you need to ensure you finish last. You will also need to ensure that you finish last next year. Then you go for it in 2015-16. That way you get McDavid and Ekblad both. Only move out your points that ensure you sink to the bottom. So Iginla goes, and in that deal try and shed yourself of Whitney and Doan - they're just anchors. See if you can get a potential star for him, like a Nichushkin plus picks. If Moulson goes to a good team, trade him right away.

Next year you look at moving Datsyuk (get a potential star or two, plus picks), Grabovski, and if someone is willing to pay big - Staal.

Build around: Smith, Quick, Raanta, Doughty, Weber, Carlson, Gudas, Dubinsky, Nyquist, Kucherov. Try and add eight good names to that list with your deals (Ekblad, McDavid are two).
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you're looking for D, I think Hedman or Maata could be a good add.

Forwards, if you can manage the deal, I'd maybe try to somehow get Drouin, Toffoli, or Scheifele.

My 2 cents. Not sure if they're helpful or not but some names that came to mind for rebuilding.
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

Dobber Sports Initiate

All the guys Dobber mentioned. Nabokov if someone is hurting in goal. Look for contenders with injuries or weak points in their lineup, and offer them guys who would help them.
    Dustin Brown is one guy I would sit on, just because he's not worth much right now. Give him a few months next season to redeem himself.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Iginla, Whitney, Doan, Brouwer, Korpikoski, Brown, Bournival, Nabokov, Grabovski are all guys I'd happily move if I were you. You probably won't get a ton for guys like Iginla, Whitney and Doan, but if you can land a solid prospect it's worth it.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper