Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Canada vs. US - Semi showdown

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Canada vs. US - Semi showdown

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    The Americans were built on speed and physicality. But yeah the game wasn't close.
    There slower than the Canadians, Swede's and Russians probably the Fin's to up front. In a tournament 5 deep I would consider that a lack of foot speed up front regardless of how they tried to build there team. Physical no doubt, Outside of Canada there the toughest team.

In a 7 game series I would doubt the US scores more than 3 goals total against Canada. Completely over rated team. It was a boring game. If it was not a
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Bash me if you all want, but yesterday's women's game was more exciting. This was a 1 goal game, but I never once felt threatened by the US.

Rylant

I agree 100%. That game couldn't hold a candle to the game yesterday
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

BBB - you coming out at 6 for the Toronto meetup or what son?!?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Subban is not needed.

The defence is insane. I especially like Vlasic. A LH shot who knows his role. I kinda wish we had a couple forwards like that. It would help with TOI.
    I fail to see who mentioned Subban leading up to this game. And if someone did, it's probably to put him over Hamhuis who's been simply sitting on the bench. At least, if you get down and you have Subban on the bench, you can put him in and create something.

No one's arguing that Canada's actual top 6 is the best right now. Taking a shot at Subban is pointless, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree that this was more of an anti-climax. The hype was much bigger than the event, outside of the closeness suggested by the score line. Yesterday's game was more exciting by leaps and bounds.

In the meantime, Amanda rightfully has the bragging rights in the Kessel family from the Sochi games.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Do you even know who Steve Yzerman is? He's had the same demeanour since 1984. And it's not arrogance, he's very humble.

For the last two days, you've been angrier than Big-EV. Who pissed in your cherrioes?
    lol you clearly have never seen me around the boards before.

As for Big Ev. No not really. I am very proud of the Dutch team this year.

41 athletes 22 medals (2 more to come)
    Canada 220 athletes 24 medals (1 more to come)

I'd say the Dutch had a successful Olympics previous medal record was 11. Now we more than doubled that. Can't complain son

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    There slower than the Canadians, Swede's and Russians probably the Fin's to up front. In a tournament 5 deep I would consider that a lack of foot speed up front regardless of how they tried to build there team. Physical no doubt, Outside of Canada there the toughest team.

In a 7 game series I would doubt the US scores more than 3 goals total against Canada. Completely over rated team. It was a boring game. If it was not a
    They were known for their speed going into this game...it just didn't translate today. if they didn't have to face Canada it would be a canada us gold medal on Sunday. Those two teams are far apart from the rest right now IMO, only X factor is that Sweden may have the best goalie and best player in the tourney in Karlsson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dammit
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I agree. I can't stand Yzermans arrogance here at the Olympics. I mean is this guy not happy they are winning or what... Loser
    Arrogance? Please. Act like you've been there before; it's the Canadian way. He can smile when he has a gold medal around his neck.

Dobber Sports Guru

I haven't read this thread except for the last couple of pages, so I apologize if these have been discussed:

The only American who impressed me today was Phil Kessel. Every time he had the puck he was pushing the play up the ice and getting shots and scoring chances.

On the flip side, I was unimpressed with Duncan Keith. Three times in the first, someone blew by him for a scoring chance. Was he always this slow? In the second, he gave the puck away a couple of times when clearing the zone. He made me very nervous today.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Hockey Canada doesn't celebrate semi final wins.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I haven't read this thread except for the last couple of pages, so I apologize if these have been discussed:

The only American who impressed me today was Phil Kessel. Every time he had the puck he was pushing the play up the ice and getting shots and scoring chances.

On the flip side, I was unimpressed with Duncan Keith. Three times in the first, someone blew by him for a scoring chance. Was he always this slow? In the second, he gave the puck away a couple of times when clearing the zone. He made me very nervous today.
    Kessel made Keith look like a pylon on that first play. Keith was definitely shaky today... he's usually not that slow.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pietrangelo was uneven and neither Keith nor Kunitz played their strongest game - but overall good effort from both squads.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmo View Post
    Pietrangelo was uneven and neither Keith nor Kunitz played their strongest game - but overall good effort from both squads.
    I thought Kunitz played great - that entire top line was incredible. Non-stop pressure.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

Yeah, I also thought Keith looked off his game, today. Was a bit slow and made unusual mistakes. He wasn't bad by any mean but not as dominant as he is usually. On the flip side, Doughty and Vlasic were off the charts and Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo solid again.