Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 15 worst NHL Contracts (DGB)

The Great One

live and learn......montreal thought they were playing the game........turned out they got played......

Dobber Sports Initiate

When I criticized Clarkson's contract in July, people/Leafs fans on here seemed happy with it and said he wasn't paid to score goals and put up points. All right, then. Enjoy another six years of whatever intangibles he brings to the table.

I just don't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to pay superstar money to a third liner with a career high of 46 points. Clarkson hurts his team more than helps.
    Last edited by Username; February 15, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

The Great One

When Clarkson signed that deal I kept saying it won't be that bad in a couple years with the cap rising.

He was taking up 8% of the cap. Just a year later he is taking up 7% up the cap. Who knows what it will be down the road.

$5.25M is not superstar money. It's a lot of money for Clarkson and he surely hasn't lived up to the expectation yet. A lot of guys don't in their first year of a new contract, on a new team.

And we don't know what he brings to the team locker room and on/off the ice. But that is why he got paid so much.

It's funny though. The Leafs two hot stretches have come with Clarkson suspended, and Clarkson injured.

At the end up the day, I think he got about 2M and 3 years more than he should have.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's kind of maddening to think about Clarkson's contract carrying a cap hit of 5.25 while John Tavares' cap hit is 5.5... Yes, I know Tavares could have gotten WAY more and if you made a list of the 15 BEST contracts, he'd probably be at or near the top, but still... it makes my brain hurt.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak