Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CTV BUYS HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA THEME!

Banned

Default CTV BUYS HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA THEME!

Narayan wrote:
    I personally like McGuire and respect his opinion... but yes Healey is a tard
    this quote leaves it unclear to me exactly who the tard is...B)

Banned

repenttokyo wrote:
    Regarding commentary, anything is better than Bob Cole, half the time he doesn\'t even know what building the game is being played in or what teams are on the ice.

It doesn\'t bother me where the song is played, as long as it is played before a hockey game. CBC had their chance to lock it down, and they blew it. It\'s hard to pity that kind of thing.

HNIC will indeed never be the same. I don\'t understand why they lose pieces like the theme song but keep useless cogs like Cole in the broadcast booth to sit around in formaldehyde for yet another season. It must get expensive to move his extensive life support system around from city to city every week.

another note regarding american commentary: some of the american radio announcers are better than anything I have ever heard in Canada.
    yikes, taking US content over CBC. Cole needs to die I agree but at least he USED to be competent...90% of the hockey coverage that comes out of the US on Center Ice is just plain insulting...the major networks (of which PM is a part of ironically) are a complete waste and the local feeds you get on occasion are usually more funny/sad than about anytbing to do with hockey......the exception of course being the northern U.S. feeds I\'ve caught for Minnesota, Buffalo, Detroit games, those were all pretty damn good and only slightly biased...I love RDS too, I think that if everyone in Canada spoke french they\'d realize they\'re the best in the NHL

I want to choke PM at least once per game but he\'s not quite a complete idiot, he\'s just really, REALLY annoying.

Dobber Sports Ace

Its a shame that HD hockey is so far behind real life, or else I would tune into the radio overtop of Pierre\'s games. I really can\'t stand him.

Hockey Night in Canada thoguh is defintely taking a downfall, ti will be interesting what they do after this. That music was so much of the show and its image that I\'m sure CBC is going to be going down the drain. Other than sports, their programming is already taking a tumble.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pierre has stirred up the most controversy I have seen here at DH. Count me in as one of his big supporters.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified