Thread: Hall coming off IR, will need roster room

Dobber Sports Rookie

Post Hall coming off IR, will need roster room

7 team roto keeper (4) with 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4 bench and 2 IR slots. We count G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG; W, SO, GAA, SV%. Currently in first and lead A, PIM, PPP and SV%, close on W and SO, middle of road on SOG and G.

My current roster is:
    C-Tavares; Backes; E.Staal
    LW-Sharp; JVR; Moulson
    RW-Malkin(also C); Burns; Ryan
    D-Subban; Byfuglien; OEL; Green
    G-Rask; Price; Varlamov
    IR-Hall(C & LW)

notable FAs: G-Giggy,Holtby; C-Duchene, Nielsen, RNH; LW-Penner; RW-Okposo, J.Williams, Pominville

Eric Staal is killing me with his lack of scoring output and big negative +/-. Moulson went from being Tavares' winger to the horrible Sabres. Since Hall gets me a LW and a C (and Geno is also a C), debating dropping Staal & Moulson, activating Hall and then maybe a pickup of Duchene, Pville or Giggy (to handcuff COL). Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Veteran

None of this makes sense. Are you saying Duchene is a FA? If he is grab him right this second. Also you would have to be mentally incompetent to consider dropping E Staal.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Drop Moulson to activate Hall.

Duchene is nice, but hard to decide between him and Backes in that format. You'll need to run the numbers to see who is more valuable in your league. You definitely don't need more than 3 Cs since you can't use'em all.

You may want to consider picking up Holtby, and swapping Burns for Okposo.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks to both replies. Right Blayze, I was only looking at Duchene vs Staal... forgot to compare him to Backes to see if they are "the same" guy.

Yes Matt, Duchene is a FA. We are only 7 teams with 16 man rosters so there are lots of decent FA lying about on any given night. I'd only consider Staal getting the boot because of my other Cs and in that list, he's riding the pine until he can put a puck in the same part of the rink as the other team's goal.