Thread: schwartz: dump or hold? + REP

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default schwartz: dump or hold? + REP

would like to pick up kreider or shaw for the next week

kreider - top line, top pp, shaw - top pp

was thinking of dumping demers, but have a packed roster saturday (next week).

schwartz isn't getting any pp time right now, is it time to dump and go to waiver, or should I just hold him?
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Expert

Keep Schwartz.

Many seem to forget that he´s only 21 years old and i think his start wasn´t that bad. I see him as a 70+ point guy in the future and a 50-55 point guy this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, keep Schwartz....I would tend to drop Gerbe instead.....he has a great start but I doubt he will keep the pace for long....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Master

I will be the devil's advocate and say you should drop Schwartz. Why? There are other options on the Blues that are being counted on to score right now. Two, while he has some moves, he is a little guy, and for every Marty St. Louis, there are 20 Jordan Schroeder's. Finally, he is playing for a very defensive minded coach in Ken Hitchcock who must surely train his players to reach a certain offensive output or level, and then call it a year.

I could be way off, but the bottom line is if he reaches his " ceiling" of 50 points some day, there will be other guys you'll have already added to your lineup by then who can do that and probably more.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Veteran

He kind of sucks. I'd look elsewhere unless you've got cap constraints or are in a super deep league.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Padawan

Schwartz is a FA at the end of the year. I'm holding him for this reason specifically. And, as mentioned in today's ramblings, he is playing with Tarasenko and Berglund, so points should surface at some time.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    Schwartz is a FA at the end of the year. I'm holding him for this reason specifically. And, as mentioned in today's ramblings, he is playing with Tarasenko and Berglund, so points should surface at some time.
    he's playing with stewart and berglund.
    and he is a rfa at season's end.

he doesn't suck... must have been a joke because he is a fantastic player. i just don't think it is going to translate to the points some projected at this oint in time.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I will be the devil's advocate and say you should drop Schwartz. Why? There are other options on the Blues that are being counted on to score right now. Two, while he has some moves, he is a little guy, and for every Marty St. Louis, there are 20 Jordan Schroeder's. Finally, he is playing for a very defensive minded coach in Ken Hitchcock who must surely train his players to reach a certain offensive output or level, and then call it a year.

I could be way off, but the bottom line is if he reaches his " ceiling" of 50 points some day, there will be other guys you'll have already added to your lineup by then who can do that and probably more.
    Schwartz is 1 cm shorter than Crosby. Let's not be stupid and put them in the same midget category as Marty St. Louis, mmmkay?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    ... he is a fantastic player. i just don't think it is going to translate to the points some projected at this oint in time.
    thats the thing - I think hes a good player, but in fantasy hockey, its about how many points they produce for you, and he would not make my keeper list anyways... so if hes not producing at a rate higher than whats on the ww, its probably time to dump him... unless people think that he will start lighting it up... but in his current situation, it looks unlikely

now an above post suggested I dump gerbe instead and that has gotten me thinking and I can't decide what to do
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury