Thread: Kudos to Thieving Giraffe

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Kudos to Thieving Giraffe

Kudos to Thieving Giraffe (aka - TG) for all of his insightful posts. His contribution to Dobberhockey.com is significant and I thought that a thread in itself was the best way to thank him for all of the excellent posts and responses he has contributed to this great site. On many occasions, I find myself tempted to give him a karma boost for every one of his posts, but refrain from doing so, so that I may give others a chance to do so, if they please.

His attention to detail is impressive and I can\'t even begin to guess the amount of time he has put into his literary contributions to the forums. His posts are always well worded, well thought out and usually include links that reinforce his posts. In saying so, I\'m not saying that other poster\'s don\'t do so either, he just happens to be my personal favourite (canadian version ).

I hereby nominate Thieving Giraffe to have a column of his own, so that we may get an expanded view of what else he is capable of adding to his already impressive posts. I, for one, would be interested to see what kind of fantasy goodies he would have to offer to us hockey fanatics if he had an expanded platform to do so.

I would like to add that I do not know TG on a personal level (or on any level , for that matter...:laugh, have not been contacted by him for me to post this, or do not even know if he is interested in having his own column or if he has already been asked to do this, OR if it is even possible for a regular Joe, such as myself to even suggest such a thing.

From one appreciative hockey fan, I would like to thank you TG for all of your positive contributions to Dobberhockey.

P.S. While I\'m in such a good mood.... I would like to thank you too Dobber/Dobbs/The Dobotomy for having this (FREE!!!!) site to begin with, I have done so already, but like I said, I\'m in a good mood.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

I...am your father.

Default Re:Kudos to Thieving Giraffe

TG\'s posts have always been good, but they have just been getting better and don\'t think I haven\'t noticed, TG!
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Nehithaw wrote:
    Kudos to Thieving Giraffe (aka - TG) for all of his insightful posts. His contribution to Dobberhockey.com is significant and I thought that a thread in itself was the best way to thank him for all of the excellent posts and responses he has contributed to this great site. On many occasions, I find myself tempted to give him a karma boost for every one of his posts, but refrain from doing so, so that I may give others a chance to do so, if they please.

His attention to detail is impressive and I can\'t even begin to guess the amount of time he has put into his literary contributions to the forums. His posts are always well worded, well thought out and usually include links that reinforce his posts. In saying so, I\'m not saying that other poster\'s don\'t do so either, he just happens to be my personal favourite (canadian version ).

I hereby nominate Thieving Giraffe to have a column of his own, so that we may get an expanded view of what else he is capable of adding to his already impressive posts. I, for one, would be interested to see what kind of fantasy goodies he would have to offer to us hockey fanatics if he had an expanded platform to do so.

I would like to add that I do not know TG on a personal level (or on any level , for that matter...), have not been contacted by him for me to post this, or do not even know if he is interested in having his own column or if he has already been asked to do this, OR if it is even possible for a regular Joe, such as myself to even suggest such a thing.

From one appreciative hockey fan, I would like to thank you TG for all of your positive contributions to Dobberhockey.

P.S. While I\'m in such a good mood.... I would like to thank you too Dobber/Dobbs/The Dobotomy for having this (FREE!!!!) site to begin with, I have done so already, but like I said, I\'m in a good mood.
    TG is a tremendous poster and an example of what everyone here should try to be. He\'s rarely wrong about facts, and his insights are sharp. I do disagree with him from time to time, but I love and look forward to the \"discussions\" that follow anytime we disagree.

That said, I wonder Nehithaw, how much of this post was sucking up to TG so that he goes easy on you in our keeper league this season? :whistle: B)
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys. I like to think that we raise the level of discourse to match those around us, and this site offers about as intelligent a dialogue as I have ever encountered. It\'s a pleasure to be part of it.

Just don\'t tell my boss! :whistle:
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Ace

lanky522 wrote:
    Nehithaw wrote:

I would like to add that I do not know TG on a personal level (or on any level , for that matter...), have not been contacted by him for me to post this, or do not even know if he is interested in having his own column or if he has already been asked to do this, OR if it is even possible for a regular Joe, such as myself to even suggest such a thing.

TG is a tremendous poster and an example of what everyone here should try to be. He\'s rarely wrong about facts, and his insights are sharp. I do disagree with him from time to time, but I love and look forward to the \"discussions\" that follow anytime we disagree.

That said, I wonder Nehithaw, how much of this post was sucking up to TG so that he goes easy on you in our keeper league this season? :whistle: B)
    Just giving credit where credit is due, that said, I\'m not sucking up to anyone, it will be a good challenge, but don\'t get me wrong, I don\'t need anyone to take it easy on me. I say ....Bring it on!!!

P.S. Do I get the 1st Overall Pick in the Entry Draft? I\'ll have to take a peek at the e-mails again, but I dunno how you\'re gonna do it, I\'m curious. I got the last pick in the 1st round, in some cases, that usually means the 1st Overall Pick, but that is another thread altogether. Understandably, the guys in the pool will most definitely have their say about this matter. But like I said, I\'m curious as to your view on this
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Icon

Nehithaw wrote:
    P.S. Do I get the 1st Overall Pick in the Entry Draft? I\'ll have to take a peek at the e-mails again, but I dunno how you\'re gonna do it, I\'m curious. I got the last pick in the 1st round, in some cases, that usually means the 1st Overall Pick, but that is another thread altogether. Understandably, the guys in the pool will most definitely have their say about this matter. But like I said, I\'m curious as to your view on this
    We haven\'t really addressed this yet... I\'ll send out an email when I get a chance... good question though.

I know you weren\'t sucking up... just giving you a hard time lol...B)
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

TG for Prime Minister, I love it.. Run with this TG. I think he\'s a great guy aswell, deserving of all the applause thats forsure. Way to go bud.
    Zorro..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..