Thread: Trade for MJD+WR or stay put?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Trade for MJD+WR or stay put?

10 team league, standard scoring with 4 point bonus for 100+ yards receiving/rushing. We start QB, 2xRB, 3xWR, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DST

I am pretty deep at RB at the moment with Reggie, CJ Spiller, Lacy and CJ0K. Even though it is nice to have four top 15ish RBs it almost feels like a waste to bench a strong asset every week.

I think Reggie is the only one who can be sold at fair value right now, but I am not looking to move him. I currently rank him as RB5-8, while all others are RB15ish. Hopefully one or two of them will be RB6-10ish ROS.

My WRs are AJ Green, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith and Rueben Randle, but I also have both Graham and Gronk, so one of those two will be used as my W/T.

Another owner has McFadden, Moreno, MJD and Decker, Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown, Moore, Douglas, Steve Johnson. We have been talking about moving one of Lacy/CJ0K + Steve Smith for MJD + one of his top three WRs. Getting Antonio Brown shouldnt be a problem, but I think I could get Andre Johnson.

One of the reasons I'm considering this is that I think MJD will get more running space with Blackmon back, Shorts still around and Chad Henne as the QB. I havent watched many Jags matches this year (wonder why) but the reports are saying that it is not MJDs fault he is not producing. There is also the added bonus of him possibly being traded.

Alot of information but I would love to hear what others think of this.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm a big fan of MJD but I would not accept any trade where I would be getting him in return right now. His team is very bad and they will be out of most games by the end of the 1st half. Add to the fact that he is only been taking 50-60% of snaps (years past he never left the field) and the O line has gotten significantly worse (no Munroe or Joekel). MJD is a dicey flex play going forward.

Your team looks good enough in a 10 teamer. No need to make this type of move

Dobber Sports Initiate

The way I'm looking at it is that I'm downgrading my bye week replacement and 4th RB to upgrade my WR3, so it comes down to who will increase/decrease the most in value going forward.

If I get Andre Johnson+MJD for Steve Smith+CJ0K it is a balanced trade right now, but definitely buy low on both Andre and MJD. If they increase more in value going forward than Steve Smith+CJ0K it is a good trade. I strengthen my starting lineup and gain value in the long run. But if you think MJD will keep falling and CJ0k turns it around it's a bad trade.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    The way I'm looking at it is that I'm downgrading my bye week replacement and 4th RB to upgrade my WR3, so it comes down to who will increase/decrease the most in value going forward.

If I get Andre Johnson+MJD for Steve Smith+CJ0K it is a balanced trade right now, but definitely buy low on both Andre and MJD. If they increase more in value going forward than Steve Smith+CJ0K it is a good trade. I strengthen my starting lineup and gain value in the long run. But if you think MJD will keep falling and CJ0k turns it around it's a bad trade.
    CJ won't turn it around. He's just not a reliable fantasy RB anymore especially since he doesn't get goal line carries. MJD isn't likely to turn it around unless he gets traded. AJ is not in the best of situations right now with the Texans having such bad QB situation right now and AJ has been injured and is a game time decision this week. Texans are run first and the TEs have been getting most of the redzone targets (although Daniels is hurt now.) Seems like somewhat of a lateral move, but if you have a hunch and feel strongly one way or feel that it will help you during bye weeks then go for it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

MJD is not running pretty, and here's the main reason I wouldn't try to get him simply based on the fact that Jax has an extremely tough schedule coming up and will constantly be playing from behind -- SD, SF -- then an early BYE after you would be acquiring him -- Tenn, Ari, Houston (who is actually the worst running d now out of this list), and Cleveland. That's only for the next 5 weeks. If cushing gets back to form MJD will find it extremely hard to run against Houston and they actually play them 2 times in the next 6 weeks. Either way, I wouldn't do it. Buying low on MJD is great, but you're not buying low.

And AJ, again, wouldn't go for an aging WR who rarely sees paydirt. Not to mention TJ Yates is his QB at the moment and the media is destroying Schaub's confidence. Houston is in trouble offensively and I wouldn't want any part of it. A league I'm in one of the other GM's just traded his AJ for CJ3.1YPC and he couldn't be happier. Then again we're in a keeper, but that just put's things into perspective.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks to both of you. I understand that MJD has a rough schedule but the question is more "who will do worse of MJD and CJ0k". I am getting an uprade from Steve Smith to Antonio Brown or Andre Johnson, so as long as we can agree that one of them is actually an upgrade and both CJ0k and MJD will struggle, it feels like a good trade to me? It's not like CJ0k or MJD will be starters for me anyways.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR: