Thread: His Hertl for my Krejci and Giordano

Dobber Sports Novice

Default His Hertl for my Krejci and Giordano

Is Hertl worth this? Sure, he has 7 points in three games, but look at what Patty M did for the Sharks at the beginning of the season last year. I'm not comparing them skill wise, I'm just saying. Could this be temporary? Is Krejci worth this?

Dobber Sports Master

Check out some of the other threads about Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl and his (over?)value after last nights performance. Bottom line, are you building for a one year league or for a dynasty? Krejci this year while Hertl may become a great keeper down the road.

Sending two established NHLers may be overpaying for the young forward.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Novice

Very good point. He could plummet. Obviously he can't keep this pace up. thank you.
    Forwards: David Krejci, Steven Stamkos, Jonathan Toews, Nazem Kadri, Gabriel Landeskog, Brenden Gallagher, Paul Stastny, Zach Parise, Milan Lucic, Loui Eriksson, James van Riemsdyk, Jakub Voracek, Jason Pominville, P.A. Parenteau, Reilly Smith, Marian Gaborik, Brandon Saad

D: Drew Doughty, Cam Fowler, Tyson Barrie, Justin Schultz, Trevor Daley, Nick Leddy

G: Ryan Miller, Jonathan Bernier, James Reimer, Steve Mason

10 team, H2H Points. G:4 A:3 PIM: 0.3 Hits: 0.2
    Wins: 3 GA: -1 SO: 4 Saves: 0.2

Dobber Sports Veteran

Depends on the format. To me neither Krejci or Giordano hold a ton of value. If you could get similar players on waivers then it would be worth it to take a chance on Hertl based on upside. Then if he doesn't pan out, grab some solid FAs.

Dobber Sports Master

You probably noticed I own Hertl in both my leagues, and I think he'll be worth his weight in gold in a few years which is why I drafted him in my keeper league in the first round. I grabbed him this morning for my second team (a one year league) for no other reason than to piss off one of my fellow GMs who is a Sharks fan. Yeah, I went there. I hope he is willing to overpay and if he isn't I hope the kid scores another four goals in his next game too. LOL.

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    You probably noticed I own Hertl in both my leagues, and I think he'll be worth his weight in gold in a few years which is why I drafted him in my keeper league in the first round. I grabbed him this morning for my second team (a one year league) for no other reason than to piss off one of my fellow GMs who is a Sharks fan. Yeah, I went there. I hope he is willing to overpay and if he isn't I hope the kid scores another four goals in his next game too. LOL.
    Man, I hope that first round pick will pan out, haha. And I did the same thing to my buddy who's soul mission was to grab Karlsson, and he was my second round pick. Haha.

If I can ask a favor of you, and the poster above you; can you guys take a look at my roster and maybe configure a reasonable trade for Hertl? I'd really like to grab him and the guy who has him is willing to shop him around.

For real though, Hertl's fourth goal last night was just too good. I don't think it's a young player phase, he's got true skill.
    Forwards: David Krejci, Steven Stamkos, Jonathan Toews, Nazem Kadri, Gabriel Landeskog, Brenden Gallagher, Paul Stastny, Zach Parise, Milan Lucic, Loui Eriksson, James van Riemsdyk, Jakub Voracek, Jason Pominville, P.A. Parenteau, Reilly Smith, Marian Gaborik, Brandon Saad

D: Drew Doughty, Cam Fowler, Tyson Barrie, Justin Schultz, Trevor Daley, Nick Leddy

G: Ryan Miller, Jonathan Bernier, James Reimer, Steve Mason

10 team, H2H Points. G:4 A:3 PIM: 0.3 Hits: 0.2
    Wins: 3 GA: -1 SO: 4 Saves: 0.2

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The_Goaltender View Post
    Man, I hope that first round pick will pan out, haha. And I did the same thing to my buddy who's soul mission was to grab Karlsson, and he was my second round pick. Haha.

If I can ask a favor of you, and the poster above you; can you guys take a look at my roster and maybe configure a reasonable trade for Hertl? I'd really like to grab him and the guy who has him is willing to shop him around.

For real though, Hertl's fourth goal last night was just too good. I don't think it's a young player phase, he's got true skill.
    I would think that Galchenyuk or Tarasenko should get his attention. What position is his weakest? Find out and use that against him.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

When you put the number of teams in your league, the type of league, the number of starting roster positions and bench positions, and the scoring categories, I think you will get lots of solid advice, until then, most you will get is smoke.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    When you put the number of teams in your league, the type of league, the number of starting roster positions and bench positions, and the scoring categories, I think you will get lots of solid advice, until then, most you will get is smoke.
    I agree with the quote above...until I know what categories are most important, I might as well blow smoke up your ass with my suggestions.

I think Galchenyuk (in any situation) would be too high a price for Hertl in either a keeper or 1 year league format, but, again, tell us the categories for a more reliable suggestion.

Dobber Sports Pro

Whoever gets Krejci/Giordano wins handily.

Dobber Sports Initiate

wow, thats overpayment.

If someone offered that to me, I would hum and haw and draw out a bit more, but really, any proven 55+ point player would get my attention, depending on their situation and other cats.

hope that helps.

btw - post your cats along with your roster - makes a big difference in judgement calls
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

The Wolverine

Is Hertl worth this? Sure, he has 7 points in three games, but look at what Patty M did for the Sharks at the beginning of the season last year. I'm not comparing them skill wise, I'm just saying. Could this be temporary? Is Krejci worth this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Agree. Complete information will give you complete advice.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Whoever gets Krejci/Giordano wins handily.
    Not necessarily, it depends on who he has to drop.