• Bernier

4 30.77%
  • Halak

9 69.23%

Thread: Bernier or Halak?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Bernier or Halak?

Bernier or Halak rest of year?

Bernier is the attractive name right now but Halak is on a better team, and should do well provided he's not injured and secures the job.

I'm quite torn because of the uncertainty of each. While I can see both succeeding, I can also see both flopping.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd go with Halak for the rest of the year. I am more confident in his odds of taking the crease full time. As long as Halak stays healthy then I don't see Elliott putting up a fight for very long.
    I really like Bernier but when it comes down to it he just is not as proven as Halak. I do think he will come out of the year as the #1 but feel it will be a long and hard faught battle with Reimer
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Giant

i see halak getting the majority of games but i dont see bernier steeling the starting gig from riemer outright.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Giant

Both goalies are good, however, it's Halak's crease to lose and Bernier's to win respectively. I would go for the guy that HAS the reins at the moment: Halak
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Both goalies are good, however, it's Halak's crease to lose and Bernier's to win respectively. I would go for the guy that HAS the reins at the moment: Halak
    Not only that, but I like the goalie situation in St. Louis a lot more than the one in Toronto. Halak probably won't have the best SV% since StL doesn't allow many shots, but I think he'll beat Bernier in the other 3 categories, even if he steals the job from Reimer.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gotta go with Halak here.