Thread: Dobber: you lost a customer today!

Banned

Default Dobber: you lost a customer today!

You need to have a serious talk with your moderators because they banned me from your forums for the last 3 days because I disagreed with some idiot who was trying to compare Nugent-Hopkins to Gretzky!

You can see the whole thread here: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=158621 I only made 2 posts and as far as I know I didn't break any of the forum rules...unless strongly (but respectfully) disagreeing is against the rules somehow???

why have forums if you r not going to allow different opinions? but apparently if you have 1700 posts then the rules work different huh, even if you are stupid? kinda like wall street these days isn't it?

I just wanted you to know that I was otherwise enjoying your site and was pretty much sold on buying your guide next year but your stupid moderators quickly put an end to that! Enjoy your shitty little forums with your shitty little moderators!

I...am your father.

I am the most open-minded person running the free-est forum for hockey that I know. Only one person has been banned in history. I take heat for not banning people sometimes. So if anyone is banned by a moderator, please email me at [email protected] so I can investigate.

Thanks for giving the opportunity to make it right.

PS - love the handle
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I just reviewed the thread in question. You aren't and never were banned. I think there is a misunderstanding of forum terms.

Ban - Someone who is banned will be unable to ever post here until such time that the ban is lifted. The IP address and user name will not be able to post.

Post Deleted - this is when you post something hateful, insulting, or over-the-top language. A moderator will delete this post, but this is just one post. You may continue posting because you are not banned.

In the thread in question, I noticed that posts were deleted for you (I think just one or two), Tequila Monster (at least three or four) and Grendel (at least three or four). Having a post deleted is no big deal, just be respectful. The mods were right in deleting each post that they did. I read all deleted posts and the right call was made. We're all friends here, sometimes discussions get heated.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

thanks for the reply Dobber but it was definitely a ban...it said "you are banned from posting until 10/07/2013 04:00PM" and that was 3 days ago, any page I visited it said the same thing. I came back today when the ban was lifted to post.

What exactly did I say that deserved such action?

I...am your father.

Oh, I see. Sorry man. I don't know what you did but if it happens again please email me. I've asked the mods to notify me prior to a ban.