Thread: El Bonino!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default El Bonino!

How long will tropical storm Bonino last on the top PP and will it upgrade to hurricane status??? Hopefully not a Carolina hurricane cuz my plus minus is already bad enough.

Nearly 4mins last time out though not much to show for it. He's lining up with Getz and Perry so I can't see him posting too many doughnuts. Is he worth a pickup in a money league or am I gonna regret paying for this transaction like a lap dance on a Wednesday morning?? He'd be the 4th C at this point but depth is key in this league. Not very physical but at least he blocks shots or pucks tend to hit him accidentally a la Crosby.

While we're looking at Ducks (very peaceful I know) Dobber recently highlighted Perreault and the spark plug type numbers that he's putting up. Tiny guy that hits and shoots?! Little man syndrom at its finest!! He seems the more attractive pickup to fill all the roto cats though he doesnt have that top PP time. I like the click with the Silver Surfer... Silk Burger.... whatever his name is...

your thoughts are always appreciated, thanks.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Veteran

Been wondering about Bonino myself and also Perreault vs Bonino.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by aleco83 View Post
    How long will tropical storm Bonino last on the top PP and will it upgrade to hurricane status??? Hopefully not a Carolina hurricane cuz my plus minus is already bad enough.

Nearly 4mins last time out though not much to show for it. He's lining up with Getz and Perry so I can't see him posting too many doughnuts. Is he worth a pickup in a money league or am I gonna regret paying for this transaction like a lap dance on a Wednesday morning?? He'd be the 4th C at this point but depth is key in this league. Not very physical but at least he blocks shots or pucks tend to hit him accidentally a la Crosby.

While we're looking at Ducks (very peaceful I know) Dobber recently highlighted Perreault and the spark plug type numbers that he's putting up. Tiny guy that hits and shoots?! Little man syndrom at its finest!! He seems the more attractive pickup to fill all the roto cats though he doesnt have that top PP time. I like the click with the Silver Surfer... Silk Burger.... whatever his name is...

your thoughts are always appreciated, thanks.
    Lul. Hilarious post. Had a great time reading it.

Is the question Perreault vs Bonino or just if Bonino is worth keeping? For the former, I would definitely go Perreault over Bonino. Perrault might not be playing with the "stars", but the chemistry he's found with Silfverberg is fantastic. For that reason, I drafted Silfverberg late.
    Bonino's been playing with 1 of Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan for the past few seasons forever it seems, and hasn't been able to do much. I feel like he clicks better with Etem than anything, but that's just a hunch.

If it's just Bonino in general, well...you have to put it in perspective. What are other options if you got rid of Bonino? If your FA pool consisted of 4th liners, then Bonino all the way. But if there were young'uns like Hertl...I would take a chance on guys like that.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    Lul. Hilarious post. Had a great time reading it.

Is the question Perreault vs Bonino or just if Bonino is worth keeping? For the former, I would definitely go Perreault over Bonino. Perrault might not be playing with the "stars", but the chemistry he's found with Silfverberg is fantastic. For that reason, I drafted Silfverberg late.
    Bonino's been playing with 1 of Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan for the past few seasons forever it seems, and hasn't been able to do much. I feel like he clicks better with Etem than anything, but that's just a hunch.

If it's just Bonino in general, well...you have to put it in perspective. What are other options if you got rid of Bonino? If your FA pool consisted of 4th liners, then Bonino all the way. But if there were young'uns like Hertl...I would take a chance on guys like that.
    Hey thanks for the reply. 16 team 12 forwards each with a 10 man farm so most good propsects are gone i.e. Hertl

I have Shore as a 4th centre but he seems to be a cast off despite his boatload of talent... I've always had an eye on Bonino but he hasnt be able to convert his success in the A to the bigs despite primo production mins. Perreault seems more well rounded and he seems to be fitting in nicely on his new squad.

I guess to answer your question, I'm looking for a suitable replacement for Shore but dont want to waste it on Bonino who could be looking at press box like production if he gets his PP time cut off.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S