Thread: Henrik Lunqvist contract?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Henrik Lunqvist contract?

I'm in a salary cap keeper league with little chance of winning this year(computer issue caused autodraft) but I did get Lundqvist.

I'd obviously love to keep him but am concerned his next contract will be ridiculous. If so I'd rather flip him now for guys I can keep for next year.

Anyone have an idea what he's asking for?
    12 team keeper, 8 keepers, Points only(1 point G/A, 2W+3SO)
    $65M salary cap 12F 6D 2G active roster

Dobber Sports Wizard

>7.5 mil per year, no doubt.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    >7.5 mil per year, no doubt.
    My understanding is that the bigger concern is term, no dollars. The Rangers are hesitant to hand out an 8 year contract to a goalie in his 30s. And I can hardly blame him for that.

That said, I don't think I'd trade Lundqvist just because of what you anticipate his next contract will be. The return would have to be pretty spectacular for me to consider that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Don't get me wrong, I think Lunqvist is fantastic, but its a points only league and if he want $10M or something like that, he's just not worth the money to me.

Also, as you say though, I'm not trading the best goalie unless I'm getting a great return.
    12 team keeper, 8 keepers, Points only(1 point G/A, 2W+3SO)
    $65M salary cap 12F 6D 2G active roster

The Great One

I've read he is asking for 8.5 for 8 years. But I have no idea if this is true. I don't think you need to worry about him getting 10 million.

I do think there is a very good chance he is the highest paid goalie next year...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd see what you can get for him for sure. 6 years at 8mil wouldn't surprise me (or if you use salary, not cap hit, he'll be making $9-10m for the first few years).

If you count Lundy as being good for about 37 wins and 7 shutouts a year, that's 95 pts.
    Test the market and see if people value him. If you can replace that kind of production for a better price, then make a deal. As an experienced cap league manager, my tip is that salary leagues are all about pts/$. Don't waste big money on a player unless they're elite in their category. Good luck!