Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Newbie to fantasy league

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mstrlucky74 View Post
    It's a weekly thing ... I fave another team in the league for the week
    The first thing I would suggest is reading Bob Fisher's articles "Looking Ahead - Week #"

Here's the most recent one.

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...ahead-week-two

Cheers

Dave
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hey Mstrlucky74 - welcome.

Trust me - the learning will come fast and furious for someone willing to invest a little time and ask lots of questions.

You will no doubt learn this in time, but a key to getting the best advice on these forums is to provide the most complete information you can about your team and your league. The easiest way to do that without repeatedly typing it in to a post is to put the details in your signature - similar to what I have at the bottom of this post.

To do this, as someone else has suggested - go to the menu bar at the top of this page, click 'User CP (means user control panel)' and then go to edit signature. Be sure to indicate the type of league, roster position and the number of starters at that position, 3C means you can start 3 centers each day for instance. Let us know the number of teams in your league, etc., etc. Keep it updated as changes occur.

With that done, it is easy for others to provide feedback on questions you might have, like: "Should I drop X for Y who is on waivers?"

Have fun - feel free to PM me if I can help in anyway.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post

Trust me - the learning will come fast and furious for someone willing to invest a little time and ask lots of questions.

You will no doubt learn this in time, but a key to getting the best advice on these forums is to provide the most complete information you can about your team and your league. The easiest way to do that without repeatedly typing it in to a post is to put the details in your signature - similar to what I have at the bottom of this post.

To do this, as someone else has suggested - go to the menu bar at the top of this page, click 'User CP (means user control panel)' and then go to edit signature. Be sure to indicate the type of league, roster position and the number of starters at that position, 3C means you can start 3 centers each day for instance. Let us know the number of teams in your league, etc., etc. Keep it updated as changes occur.

With that done, it is easy for others to provide feedback on questions you might have, like: "Should I drop X for Y who is on waivers?"

THanks a lot...will do

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post

I am going to update my signature shortly. I am in a Yahoo league with 12 teams. I was told it was Rotiserrie with weekly starts. How do I verify this? I am trying to search the yahoo page but can't find anything? Thanks

Dobber Sports Rookie

updated signature.....
    Yahoo Fantasy- Weekly starts- 12 teams in my league.
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, GWG, SOG, HIT

c-M. Grabovski
    c-C. Giroux
    lw-R. Whitney
    lw-M. Boedker
    rw-B. wheeler
    rw-B. Bennett
    d-J. Wisneiwski
    d-S. voynov
    d- A. Edler
    d-S. Jones

Bench
    C. Tarasenko
    M. Ryder
    T. Plekanec
    C. Wilson

Goalies

J. Halak
    C. Anderson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mstrlucky74 View Post
    updated signature.....
    You forgot to add your goalie categories, lol
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com