Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perry for Nash

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Perry for Nash

Perry is RW, and Nash is LW/RW.

In my fantasy league, we are only allowed to declare a player as a keeper for 3 seasons, unless he is marked as a franchise player (of which we are allowed 4, of our 12 keepers).

I've been offered Corey Perry for my Rick Nash. I've already kept Nash for 3 seasons, and he's kept Perry for 3. I also have Pavel Datsyuk listed as a franchise player (and I've had him for 3 seasons).

Current other RWers I own: Hossa, Gaborik, Simmonds
    Current other LWers I own: Datsyuk, Pacioretty

Would you do this deal, or should I try and find a good deal to trade away Datsyuk and just give Nash his franchise player label?
    8 Team Fantrax H2H

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, W, GA, SA, SO

G: 2 points
    A: 1.5
    PIM: 0.1
    +/-: 0.25
    SOG: 0.1
    PPP: 0.5
    HIT: 0.08
    BLK: 0.08
    W: 2
    GA: -1
    SA: 0.155
    SO: 2

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Minors (<165 games): tbd

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'll take Nash all day every day in pretty much every format. Not even close. Nash put up 42 points in 44 games as a Ranger (.95 per game) and Alain Vigneault will help him improve on that. Perry has 96 pts in his last 124 games (.77 per game.) Especially in this format that counts SOG Nash is even more valuable. He takes more shots than almost anyone. Perry is elite in PIM but it's not enough to make me move someone as good as Nash. Not even close IMO. Franchise Nash. Vigneault will make him a superstar like he made the Sedins.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    I'll take Nash all day every day in pretty much every format. Not even close. Nash put up 42 points in 44 games as a Ranger (.95 per game) and Alain Vigneault will help him improve on that. Perry has 96 pts in his last 124 games (.77 per game.) Especially in this format that counts SOG Nash is even more valuable. He takes more shots than almost anyone. Perry is elite in PIM but it's not enough to make me move someone as good as Nash. Not even close IMO.
    You're absolutely nuts dude. Nice of you to conveniently exclude Perry's MVP winning 95 point season... way to be objective there.

Not to mention it's absolutely ******ed for him to lose Nash and get little to nothing in return once his last year expires this season as opposed to getting Perry for a fresh 3 years.

Assuming it's the league in the OP's sig, then Perry >>> Nash due to the PIM and PPP. Perry is MONEY in that type of league.

1) Pull the trigger on that deal asap
    2) Make Perry your franchise player
    3) Trade Datsyuk
    Last edited by blayze; September 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    You're absolutely nuts dude. Nice of you to conveniently exclude Perry's MVP winning 95 point season... way to be objective there.

Not to mention it's absolutely ******ed for him to lose Nash and get little to nothing in return once his last year expires this season as opposed to getting Perry for a fresh 3 years.

Assuming it's the league in the OP's sig, then Perry >>> Nash due to the PIM and PPP. Perry is MONEY in that type of league.

1) Pull the trigger on that deal asap
    2) Make Perry your franchise player
    3) Trade Datsyuk
    Perry had one great season that he will likely never approach again and now you are so high on him. Look at what he's done since then. After that season he has 96 pts in 124 games .77 per = a pace of 63 POINTS over an 82 game season. Nash is a superstar. Nash will have more goals,assists,WAY MORE SHOTS. I think Vigneault will help Nash get more ppp as well. Perry will have more PIM and that's it. Perry and Nash have both been kept for 3 seasons so their contract is the same. Nash far superior to Perry in every category in this format other than PIM. This deal isn't even close.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like Perry better than Nash and woudl pull the trigger in a heartbeat. (I'm a Nash owner).

I'm not clear on whether the 3 year keeper limit applies to just one team or the entire league. (i.e., does trading for Perry reset his keeper clock and allow you to keep him for 3 more years?). If yes, then this deal is even more clearly a YES IMO.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just look at last season which was Nash's first season when he wasn't on the horrible Columbus with no help.

Goals - 21 to Perry's 15
    Assists - 21 to Perry's 21
    PlusMinus - 16 to Perry's 10
    ShotsOnGoal - 176 to Perry's 128
    PowerPlayP - 9 to Perry's 10
    PIM - of course Perry wins by a lot 72-26

Now imagine Vigneault helps Nash improve on his last season. He is just way better than Perry. Either way you can keep Nash by franchising him so even if Perry's contract resets I still wouldn't do it. You would DEFINITELY regret trading Nash for Perry.

Dobber Sports Rookie

The 3 year limit applies to a single team. If I trade for Perry, then it resets and I can keep Perry for 3 seasons if I should so choose.
    8 Team Fantrax H2H

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, W, GA, SA, SO

G: 2 points
    A: 1.5
    PIM: 0.1
    +/-: 0.25
    SOG: 0.1
    PPP: 0.5
    HIT: 0.08
    BLK: 0.08
    W: 2
    GA: -1
    SA: 0.155
    SO: 2

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Minors (<165 games): tbd

Dobber Sports Genius

Nash over Perry but not by alot Perry is still pritty dominate but Nashs upside with Alain is enough to swing it in his favour
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Veteran

Owner of both here: Nash is the better option. Perry had an outlier season that inflates people's perception. Just look at his shooting percentage that one year... Way higher than career average. Nash should be a point per game player this year with zone starts under vigneault. He shoots and hits more than Perry too.

Dobber Sports Genius

Last 5 years avg stats (adjusted for last years lockout shortened season):

G: 34.8 A: 35 +-:4 PIM:46.5 PPP:18 SOG:291

G: 34.8 A: 39.8 +-:6 PIM:117 PPP:23.9 SOG:271.7

Looking at the numbers its pretty clear which guy is more valuable, with a 4-1-1 category edge (and the biggest one in PIMS) you have to take Perry.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Icon

i own both guys and Nash is my man crush, but Perry is the one to own here.

Nash dont put up the PIMs as well as Perry does
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post

Looking at the numbers its pretty clear which guy is more valuable, with a 4-1-1 category edge (and the biggest one in PIMS) you have to take Perry.
    Looking at 5 years ago is just stupid. Nash was on horrible Columbus and now he's on the Rangers with Vingeault. A lot can change in 5 years

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post

You can't just look at past stats and assume that tells you the answer.
    1) You are incorporating Corey Perry's ONE outlier season, which inflates your stats. In that 98 point season his shooting percentage was .174, way above his career average of .12/.13 --> clearly an outlier season
    2) You are ignoring circumstances. Perry has had top minutes on a strong line.. Nash was locked in Columbus. Since moving to the rangers his SOG average has improved, his +/- has improved, and his points have improved. Expect that to increase even more this year as Vigneault does zone starts.

Again, I am a Perry and Nash owner, used a keeper spot on both, and I can't advocate enough how much more valuable Nash is going into this season. The hype on Perry is ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel like I'm getting dumber the longer I read this thread...

Lethe - ignore the bad advice and take Perry - it's the better short-term AND long-term play.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    You can't just look at past stats and assume that tells you the answer.
    1) You are incorporating Corey Perry's ONE outlier season, which inflates your stats. In that 98 point season his shooting percentage was .174, way above his career average of .12/.13 --> clearly an outlier season
    2) You are ignoring circumstances. Perry has had top minutes on a strong line.. Nash was locked in Columbus. Since moving to the rangers his SOG average has improved, his +/- has improved, and his points have improved. Expect that to increase even more this year as Vigneault does zone starts.

Again, I am a Perry and Nash owner, used a keeper spot on both, and I can't advocate enough how much more valuable Nash is going into this season. The hype on Perry is ridiculous.
    Well said. This isn't even close. Perry has PIM and that's it. Nash is way more elite in every other category.