Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Discussion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Round 3 Discussion

wow toes mueller and phaneuf

The Magnificent One

random question about the salary for each player? how will it change going forward in yrs. i now have price he is at $13. if he has an amazing year next yr and plays 70 games and wins 50 with 9 SO. now i know that wont happen (i wish but still) how would his salary value jump? can i be seeing him go from $13 to say $125, in one yr or is there some slow growth with the salaries?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Wow, I just keep seeing guys I want get picked off one at a time.

Curious at what\'s going to be left when it finally gets back to me! :side:

Good picks all.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Guru

the salaries are based on a 3 year history.

brodeur has had an awesome 3 years, so his salary is at 185

assuming price plays like brodeur for the next few years (a big IF), then his salary should jump to 50-70 next year (ie. leclaire) and 100-120 the year after (ie. ward), followed by hovering near the max for goalies (160+).

just my quick guesses

Dobber Sports Stud

newper114 wrote:
    random question about the salary for each player? how will it change going forward in yrs. i now have price he is at $13. if he has an amazing year next yr and plays 70 games and wins 50 with 9 SO. now i know that wont happen (i wish but still) how would his salary value jump? can i be seeing him go from $13 to say $125, in one yr or is there some slow growth with the salaries?
    salaries are based on the past 3 years and it is currently a 60%,30%,10% split (60% for the most recent year 10% for 3rd year) So a good year will jump up his salary quite a bit, but he still has only 1/2 a year (i am saying that since he didn\'t start the year as the starter) in for 40% of his full value (years 2 and 3). His full value will start to show in 2-3 years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Kudos to Chinny and Crazynuck for such quick answers.

I think you just need to look at the year Leclaire or Bryzgalov had. They essentially had little in the stats department over the last two years (before this season I mean).

Their salaries run $51 and $73 respectively. If Price has a similar season numbers wise, then he will likely rise to those levels - maybe a little higher.

We may tweak the salary formula a slight bit after this season - the more I look at 50-35-15, the more I like it over 60-30-10 (current weight of most recent years stats).

The salaries are set for this year, but before the season ends this year, I will address this with everyone. That way we all know at the season\'s end what each player is worth heading into the off-season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

praba wrote:
    wow toes mueller and phaneuf
    Malkin, Kostitsyn, Pominville is really not bad at all

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

whats really bad is our goaltending situation right now lol

The Magnificent One

okay thanxs, yeah i know see how the salary works and it makes sense. because in a way you can just draft young guys and use them forever at a cheap rate. but with this system it goes on the season they just had (majority) plus background. will be interesting keepiing a core of players every yr. because you can have 5 stars but they be worth 150 each and then you wonthave much room for others. makes it a hole new lvl. im sure everyone already saw this sorry just trying to get a full grasp on how its going to impact yrs to come.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    the salaries are based on a 3 year history.

brodeur has had an awesome 3 years, so his salary is at 185

assuming price plays like brodeur for the next few years (a big IF), then his salary should jump to 50-70 next year (ie. leclaire) and 100-120 the year after (ie. ward), followed by hovering near the max for goalies (160+).

just my quick guesses
    A better comparison might be Backstrom, 2 years ago with the rating system we use he was a rating of 47.34% out of all goalies, this year price was a 55.25% so both very close.
    Last year Backstrom got a 75.27% rating and his salary is $81, so it will come down to where Price finishes in relation to the other goalies to determine his salary next year. Like i have said before i will be providing updates during the year with current salaries to get an idea where your players salaries are heading.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

praba wrote:
    Yes lol +1 for you

Dobber Sports Ninja

praba wrote:
    I wouldn\'t call your guys goaltending bad yet. Non-existent maybe, but not bad. Once you draft a guy, then we\'ll see how \"bad\" it really is!

I love the different strategies. Thank God some of us think differently.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Magnificent One

and some of us dont think at allB)

Dobber Sports Ninja

newper114 wrote:
    okay thanxs, yeah i know see how the salary works and it makes sense. because in a way you can just draft young guys and use them forever at a cheap rate. but with this system it goes on the season they just had (majority) plus background. will be interesting keepiing a core of players every yr. because you can have 5 stars but they be worth 150 each and then you wonthave much room for others. makes it a hole new lvl. im sure everyone already saw this sorry just trying to get a full grasp on how its going to impact yrs to come.
    Better you know now rather than after we\'re 10 rounds in! It will definitely be a challenge. The idea is to constantly have young (read cheap) guns on your roster who can produce, much like what the NHL has become.

It makes it that much more difficult to build a dynasty - in a way, you have to constantly rebuild, at least a little every year. Keep adding those pieces.

Dobber Sports Guru

well, im bored, so i thought i\'d jot down some of my favourite teams so far.

nordiquefan - ovie, campbell, whitney - just awesome. good strategy!
    crazynuck - morrow, chara, fleury - great balance
    culpy - thornton, gonchar, bernier - interesting, because just about when bernier begins producing, gonchar will be winding down.
    gongshow - savard, markov, nabokov - safe picks, good spread among positions.
    torture - iginla, richards, vokoun - i will follow torture\'s team closely, because i should have probably picked vokoun, so it will almost be like a bizarro version of my own team
    babalu69 - kovy, kopitar, st.louis - same strat as mine, but kopitar > briere
    raccer - toews, mueller, phaneuf - can you build an entire team around phaneuf? i think so.
    chicleteur - getzlaf, brown , bryzgalov - i think bryz is the real deal, and chic is going after all categories at once
    broadstreetbullies - michalek, turco, ward - i have a feeling i\'m gonna be trading with this guy at some point.

obviously, every team has something going for them, these ones just intrigue me for whatever reason. we shall see if noriculous can get a good selection in and make a case for having the best team after 3 picks (hossa-giguere-?)!