Thread: Nabokov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Nabokov

I wonder what's your take on him?
    He was pretty effective for a better Islanders' squad last season and there's no reason to think that Tavares and co will regress.
    He seems to have a lock on that number 1 position and remained healthy last season.
    Projections / comments for Nabokov?
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Wizard

32-35 wins
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with Vega, I don't think they have enough confidence in Poulin to have him steal a large quantity of starts from Nabby this season. Figure his line to be approx 65 starts, 30-35 wins, and a GAA 2.55-2.60, SP .910-.915. My fear if I'm a Nabby owner is he starts showing his age in the early going and the Isles start slow and below .500 and they panic and pick up someone like Bryz/Theodore or swing a deal for a Halak or Fasth. The first 10-15 games will make or break him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nabby and the Islanders still don't get the respect they deserve on the fantasy front. If you looks at Nabby's numbers the last few years, they are incredibly consistent and very respectable considering how bad the team was for a couple of those seasons. Decent %'s that won't hurt you, and lots of wins and saves on an improving Isles team.

In my keeper league, a guy dropped him in order to draft Varlamov first overall in the redraft (not sure why). Pavelec was the second goalie to go, and Nabby fell to me at the end of the first round....can't say I'm unhappy as he provides great value.

As long as he can stay healthy, Nabby will be a solid own, especially league counting total saves. I expect similar numbers to the above posters:

30-35 wins, 2.50 GAA, .910 sv% with a shutout or two thrown in. There are lots of goalies getting drafted before Nabby in a lot of drafts that won't put up these kind of numbers this year IMO. Let's just hope Nabby can stay healthy and the Isles don't regress.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon