Thread: " Total Max Players" setting

Dobber Sports Monster

Default " Total Max Players" setting

In fantrax, by having your league setting Prevent any transaction that would cause a roster to become illegal: Only For Total Max Players mean that you cannot trade uneven? 2 for 1's 3 for 2's etc etc...

OR does it mean you can still make uneven trades and they will process, but a corresponding move needs to be made after the trade is processed and team roster will be illegal until such a move is made?

Just looking for some clarification. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Never played fantrax, but ESPN requires the owner getting the 2 to conditionally drop a player, pending the completion of the trade. I assume other sites work the same.

Dobber Sports Monster

I just want to make sure I have my setting correct. I'm in the understanding by having this set as it is - this allows teams to still make uneven trades 2 for 1, 3 for 2 but have to fix an illegal roster after trade processes.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just tested this setting in one of my Fantrax leagues and you can't do(or actually even propose as Fantrax doesn't allow such proposals) uneven trades with "Only For Total Max Players" setting if it causes one of the teams to go over max total players. So with these settings team would have to drop player(s) before even proposing the trade which is not particularly good option. So you are probably better off changing the setting to "Never" and taking care of illegal rosters in some other way.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

We use this setting in ours and the transaction will not go through from my experience.
    I think I put in a feature request to have fantrax prompt you at the time of the proposal or acceptance of the trade to drop a player if it makes that team's roster illegal.

What we have done currently is confirm the trade before between both parties so the team getting the extra player has to drop one before accepting.

From previous support requests, they have told me that they are in the process of upgrading the trade dialog. But not ETA on it.

Best you could do is as Temek states, set it to "never" then just make a team's roster illegal if total max players is exceeded. However, there is a loop hole with this i think. Never tested. My thinking is if a team is at the bottom and know's they are not going to win, that team could hoard players. However, the commish could handle that one.
    Last edited by valec; September 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info