Thread: Rank 'Em

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Rank 'Em

G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, BS, PIM, SHP

Who are the top 6 from this list (in order)? This year only.

Niklas Kronwall
    John Carlson
    Jack Johnson
    Enstrom
    Shattenkirk
    Goligoski
    Hedman
    Gonchar
    Carle
    Del Zotto
    McDonagh
    Hamhuis
    Hamonic
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

With blocked shots and offense in mind, these are my top six.

Kronwall
    McDonagh
    Carle
    Carlson
    Shattenkirk
    JJ
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks! That is exactly what I'm looking for, offence and blocked shots. I'm surprised you have McDonagh ahead of Carlson though, as Carlson is an elite shot blocker and consistently produces more points than McDonagh has to date. Are you predicting a breakout season for McDonagh?

The rest of your list closely mirrors what I had in mind. Kronwall is the standout obviously, but I doubt that he'll be available by the time I pick.

Anyone else?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Thanks! That is exactly what I'm looking for, offence and blocked shots. I'm surprised you have McDonagh ahead of Carlson though, as Carlson is an elite shot blocker and consistently produces more points than McDonagh has to date. Are you predicting a breakout season for McDonagh?

The rest of your list closely mirrors what I had in mind. Kronwall is the standout obviously, but I doubt that he'll be available by the time I pick.

Anyone else?
    It was more of just a top six, not exactly ranked. I think it really depends what you need, if you need more offense you'd go for a guy like Shattenkirk, JJ or Enstrom. If you want a combination of stats you'll go for McDonagh, Carle etc (this is all assuming you can't get your hands on Kronwall).

Hamhuis, Del Zotto and possibly Gonchar are the two others I'd target. I don't have much interest in Hedman or Goligoski.

Anyway, hope that helps!
    Last edited by dmvincent; September 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

My list would be (for this year only)

Niklas Kronwall
    Shattenkirk
    Victor Hedman
    John Carlson
    McDonagh
    Goligoski

honorable mention to Gonchar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    My list would be (for this year only)

Niklas Kronwall
    Shattenkirk
    Victor Hedman
    John Carlson
    McDonagh
    Goligoski

honorable mention to Gonchar
    As a Lightning fan, you see Hadman having a better season than Carle? I like Carle because he blocks a ton of shots and think he'l have a better year this year offensively.

The Great One

Carle and Carlson block a gzaillion shots and should breeze to 35-45 points each. Definitely those two, plus Kronwall. A case could be made for or against most of the other guys.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree about those two....had Carlson last year, he is a sneaky multi-cat monster with his combo of SOG and BS. I have targetted all the players on the list I gave, just trying to rank them to determine what order I should try and get them in the draft. I refuse to draft any defenceman not names Karlsson that doesn't block at least 100 shots in a full season. BS is an easy category to secure almost every week by taking great BS guys who also have offensive upside.

Based on the way I think the draft will go, I'll likely be able to get the 2nd-4th best Dman on my list, so I should still be able to get nice player there that fits my needs.

Dobber Sports Veteran

No one on the Dobber forums seems to be saying much about Hamnic this season. I've always been high on the guy, and love him in my format....with Streit gone I see an increase in PP time and points as well. he doesn't seem to get a lot of love on the forums though, maybe because he plays on the Islanders and few people see him?

I think he could be a late round steal in multi-cat formats, I'm definitely going to target him late.