Thread: Keeper Rankings & Prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keeper Rankings & Prospects

Looking for some tips, sites that talk about keeper/dynasty rankings as well as prospects. Got my draft coming up this weekend and to say I am little behind the 8 ball is an understatement.

Obviously I will be using the forums here as always as well as the rankings on the main page, just looking for some other sites/opinions.

Feel free to PM me if you are scared your competition is looking. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyez17 View Post
    Looking for some tips, sites that talk about keeper/dynasty rankings as well as prospects. Got my draft coming up this weekend and to say I am little behind the 8 ball is an understatement.

Obviously I will be using the forums here as always as well as the rankings on the main page, just looking for some other sites/opinions.

Feel free to PM me if you are scared your competition is looking. Thanks.
    Might I recommend the Dobber Fantasy Hockey Guide. Pretty much covers everything you just listed there, especially draft rankings. It's even updated daily through training camps for your pleasure.

http://www.dobbersports.com/dobbersp...-products.html
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/dobberpics/GMGMAY13.pdf

this is a pretty good resource as well.
    Don't need to go to far.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Corey Pronman over at Hockey Prospectus does amazing work on the prospect front. Not totally fantasy-focussed but generally good hockey players make good fantasy players - he also sets out his predicted role for a player (top-line, top 6 etc.) in his rankings.

I may be in the minority on this but I also like the prospect grading system over at Hockey's Future. They like to make adjustments to the grades in hindsight a little too often, but at the end of the day the grades give you a good sense of where a player is at and generally gets the right players on your radar. The lower the grades the more risk there is involved, but that's why you go to other sources, like Pronman and this site. They also do a top-50 list each spring and fall.

I also have been delving into some of Gabe Desjardin's league equivalencies. Before he left Angus pointed out that Vollman has been updating these but Desjardin was the original guy (as far as I'm aware anyway). I fill out my own personal rankings with these equivalencies, which can really help when you have to make a call between one prospect and another.

Individual team bloggers also rank their team's prospects - e.g. Lowetide and Copper N Blue for the Oilers. I haven't reached the stage in my obsession yet to start tracking these or reading them for any team other than the beloved Oil, but if you really wanted to I'm sure these are out there for each team.

Hope that helps.
    12 team league
    G, A, STPts, +/-, PIMs, GAA, S%, W
    Start 12 fwds, 7 d, 3 g; keep full starting roster + 3 on farm
    (Salary cap = 1200)

F: Malkin(55) Perry(75) Hall(125) Stepan(20) Wheeler(20) Ott(35) Okposo(50) Hertl(15) Lecavalier(120) Jagr(10) Strome(25) Drouin(55) MacKinnon(55) Couturier(10) E.Lindholm(20) Arcobello(20)
    D: Weber(65) Keith(40) Hedman(105) Gudas(10) Bieksa(55) Larsson(70) Ellis(25) Orlov(20) jSchultz(30) B.Smith(40)
    G: Rinne(40) Markstrom(25) Enroth(35) Khudobin(30) Greiss(15) Hutton(20) Stalock(10)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Might I recommend the Dobber Fantasy Hockey Guide. Pretty much covers everything you just listed there, especially draft rankings. It's even updated daily through training camps for your pleasure.

http://www.dobbersports.com/dobbersp...-products.html
    I will use the site to the best ability I can, but looking for the free info. Sorry to be so cheap. I do appreciate all and any information on this great site/forum, but money is tight, so can't throw it into a guide. Thank you though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    http://hockey.dobbersports.com/dobberpics/GMGMAY13.pdf

this is a pretty good resource as well.
    Don't need to go to far.
    Thank you as well, but I am in a very deep keeper so I am looking for much more than 100 ranking. Again thanks for taking the time to help me out. I will take a look at it at regardless.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Corey Pronman over at Hockey Prospectus does amazing work on the prospect front. Not totally fantasy-focussed but generally good hockey players make good fantasy players - he also sets out his predicted role for a player (top-line, top 6 etc.) in his rankings.

I may be in the minority on this but I also like the prospect grading system over at Hockey's Future. They like to make adjustments to the grades in hindsight a little too often, but at the end of the day the grades give you a good sense of where a player is at and generally gets the right players on your radar. The lower the grades the more risk there is involved, but that's why you go to other sources, like Pronman and this site. They also do a top-50 list each spring and fall.

I also have been delving into some of Gabe Desjardin's league equivalencies. Before he left Angus pointed out that Vollman has been updating these but Desjardin was the original guy (as far as I'm aware anyway). I fill out my own personal rankings with these equivalencies, which can really help when you have to make a call between one prospect and another.

Individual team bloggers also rank their team's prospects - e.g. Lowetide and Copper N Blue for the Oilers. I haven't reached the stage in my obsession yet to start tracking these or reading them for any team other than the beloved Oil, but if you really wanted to I'm sure these are out there for each team.

Hope that helps.
    Great info here thanks. I will definitely check it all out. That first post seems very good and will help me out a lot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks to all 3 of you for taking time out to try to help. I appreciate it. Hopefully I can hear from a few more to help a little more thanks. REP given to all.