Thread: Emery or Neuvirth??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Emery or Neuvirth??

I need some help deciding who to keep. I am keeping Crow as my #1. I also have Holtby and by keeping Neuvirth it guarantees me the Caps starts. However do I keep Emery who may end up with the majority of the Flyers starts. Say 50+. He may end up being better value then Neuvirth. There is also the scenario that I keep them both (over a 7th skater like Tlusty, Backes, Suter, Pietrangelo, OReilly) and try to trade Emery after the draft. If he is #1 he could command a big prize, particularly to the owner who has S.Mason.

Due to the league parameters, goalies are obviously a premium and only Ramo will be available in the draft. Help??
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    16 team head to head league. 3 goalie starts minimum per week. W,SO,GAA,SV%,Svs. 4xLW,4xC,4xRW,6xD,3 Bench. G,A,+/-,Pim,Ppp,Shp,Gwg,Sog. 10 keepers. 5th season.

keeping Nash, Karlsson, Sharp, Hossa, Landeskog, Tarasenko.

Dobber Sports Ace

If goalies are as valuable as you say, then I think keeping Emery is wise. It would appear he has the nod in Philly. Having Neuvirth as a handcuff to Holtby is nice, but I don't think he is worthy enough to keep ahead of a Suter, Pietrangelo, or Backes.

What would is cost you to re-draft Neuvirth (i.e what round)?
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default reply

Who knows what round Neuvy could be retaken in? he is more valuable to me as a handcuff just like all backups are. It's a question of do you think he will take some of the starts from Holtby, ie. more than 30? Also, by keeping him, there is the possibility of trading Emery for more than the value of keeping one of those 7th skaters. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Icon

ill pretty well guarantee u will be able to redraft Neuvy unless a team has really bad goalies and needs to draft both Ramos and him.

Id take a chance u can. Keep Emery and AP.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    ill pretty well guarantee u will be able to redraft Neuvy unless a team has really bad goalies and needs to draft both Ramos and him.

Id take a chance u can. Keep Emery and AP.
    I'd drop Neurvith and gamble that Emery can win the no. 1 job in Philadelphia.

Dobber Sports Pro

Keep Emery and forget about Neuvirth