Thread: Huberdeau, Voracek, Benn, RNH, Yandle

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Huberdeau, Voracek, Benn, RNH, Yandle

Points only, keep 6, no LW-C-RW, F-D-G only

Huberdeau and Yandle are my keepers #5 and #6.
    I'm working on a few trades right now to improve my top 6.
    Can trade one of Huberdeau or Yandle and add to that Eriksson/EKane/Parenteau (even Koivu).
    3 main targets: Benn, Voracek, RNH.

1) How would you rank those 3?
    2) Wich one I drop/trade, Huberdeau or Yandle?
    3) Do you see a good move for me?

Thanks
    REP to you.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1) for this year, i see it as benn, voracek, RNH (missing the first month of the season)
    2) i would deal huberdeau before yandle (especially with starting 4 D)
    3) huberdeau + eriksson for benn/voracek? i think both benn and voracek will outpoint huberdeau for the next couple years. look to the GM on more of a rebuild, or with weaker fwds looking to upgrade their weaker fwds with one (or all of) EKane/Eriksson/whoever with huberdeau
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Ace

I would not trade Huberdeau, if patient I think he will become a stud and he was already good as a rookie. FLA is building a pretty nice talent pool who can grow up together and I think Huberdeau will be one of, if not the, focal point.

I'd hate to trade Yandle, but think there are other very good D-men to acquire that can match his production

I also see it as:

Benn
    Voracek
    RNH

for this year due to the Nuge's injury and EDM still trying to figure out how to meld their team together. Benn moving back to W should deliver results and Voracek should be able to continue riding shotgun with Giroux & Co.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Points only, keep 6, no LW-C-RW, F-D-G only

Huberdeau and Yandle are my keepers #5 and #6.
    I'm working on a few trades right now to improve my top 6.
    Can trade one of Huberdeau or Yandle and add to that Eriksson/EKane/Parenteau (even Koivu).
    3 main targets: Benn, Voracek, RNH.

1) How would you rank those 3?
    2) Wich one I drop/trade, Huberdeau or Yandle?
    3) Do you see a good move for me?

Thanks
    REP to you.
    I'll go a little off the boards here, just to give you another idea. I am assuming by Q...you are in Quebec, and maybe even Montreal. I am wondering what kind of trade value Carey Price has in your league? [You've already got another good starter in Luongo.] Perhaps you can get an over payment on Price as part of an upgrade?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'll go a little off the boards here, just to give you another idea. I am assuming by Q...you are in Quebec, and maybe even Montreal. I am wondering what kind of trade value Carey Price has in your league? [You've already got another good starter in Luongo.] Perhaps you can get an over payment on Price as part of an upgrade?
    You're right, Q is for Quebec.
    No one will overpay (even just pay) to get Price. 5 or 6 G max are kept each year.
    And each year, gms say that I shouldn't keep Price.
    I like starting with a G. No need to bother in the draft after. Don't even need to darft another one. Last year, Nabokov and Bobrovsky stayed on the wire all season.
    I promise you, I will test the market for Price, but I don't think I'll find a taker.

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    I would not trade Huberdeau, if patient I think he will become a stud and he was already good as a rookie. FLA is building a pretty nice talent pool who can grow up together and I think Huberdeau will be one of, if not the, focal point.

I'd hate to trade Yandle, but think there are other very good D-men to acquire that can match his production...

I don't like the idea of trading Huberdeau either. I know the stud potential here. But in a keep 6, with Malkin and Stamkos, I want to win every year. I don't want to wait 2 or 3 years "wasting" a keeper spot. That's why I was asking about Benn/Voracek.
    Do the potential of Huberdeau overome the loss of points compared to Benn/Voracek for a couple of years?
    This is the main point of the thread.
    Points only:

[T] Edmonton
    [G]

The Great One

Gotcha! I thought that you might have some Habs fans in your pool that think more with their heart than their brain, lol. I've seen it before, Habs are a passionate group.

Dobber has the following for this year: Voracek (75), Benn (69) and Huberdeau (63).

Benn does not seem a big enough upgrade to give up on Huberdeau, IMO.

But Voracek - long-term with Giroux...that's a deal that makes sense to me if you can pull it off.

You might be giving up a little more long-term, but maybe not. And the gains in the short run make it worthwhile, to me.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    You're right, Q is for Quebec.
    No one will overpay (even just pay) to get Price. 5 or 6 G max are kept each year.
    And each year, gms say that I shouldn't keep Price.
    I like starting with a G. No need to bother in the draft after. Don't even need to darft another one. Last year, Nabokov and Bobrovsky stayed on the wire all season.
    I promise you, I will test the market for Price, but I don't think I'll find a taker.

I don't like the idea of trading Huberdeau either. I know the stud potential here. But in a keep 6, with Malkin and Stamkos, I want to win every year. I don't want to wait 2 or 3 years "wasting" a keeper spot. That's why I was asking about Benn/Voracek.
    Do the potential of Huberdeau overome the loss of points compared to Benn/Voracek for a couple of years?
    This is the main point of the thread.
    Absolutely and thats why I was saying Yes keeping Huberdeau will be worth it over Benn or Voracek. I just do not see either of those two being so much better than Huberdeau even next year....I think he'll be close to them this season and potentially out-produce them both next year

I could be wrong, but thats the way I see it. I understand going with the more proven option to try and win every year, but I see Huberdeau as special whereas Benn or Voracek, while very good, may not have that extra gear.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Gotcha! I thought that you might have some Habs fans in your pool that think more with their heart than their brain, lol. I've seen it before, Habs are a passionate group.
    In fact, I am the fan who overpaid for Price the year right after the Halak trade.
    I traded E.Johnson (my 2nd round pick) for Price (his 15th round pick) just 2 weeks in the season.
    I was so sure nobody would draft him that I decided to wait for the last round (17th).
    That cost me my 2nd pick!...
    Never looked back.
    Points only:

[T] Edmonton
    [G]

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How about packaging up: Neal and Huberdeau for say Tavares?? Wonder if the GM will bite on that?

And then package up E.Kane and Yandle for Subban, Letang or a big time D-man?
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    How about packaging up: Neal and Huberdeau for say Tavares?? Wonder if the GM will bite on that?

And then package up E.Kane and Yandle for Subban, Letang or a big time D-man?
    Yeah, thought of this too.
    But Neal doesn't carry a lot of value among other gms. He has the "I-need-Malkin-to-get-points" label. I know I won't be able to upgrade from Neal in that kind of trade.
    Same for EKane and Yandle. Kane didn't prove to be a good asset in points only.
    I tried all I can to trade Yandle last year. I couldn't land a concussed Skinner or a benched BRichards...
    I traded easily Doughty, but Yandle is stuck on my roster. Good for me. I'll keep him!

Thanks for the input.
    Points only:

[T] Edmonton
    [G]