Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ramo or Trouba

Dobber Sports Pro

I am not competing for a couple years
    In that case, I definitely would've taken Kuznetsov. If Kuz was taken, I would've suggested taken Nikita Kucherov next, but what do I know I'm just a Lightning fan.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So it's come back to me and I am picking 35th overall. You guys have had some great suggestions on who to take so I am asking once again who I should take. These are some of the players available:

Ceci
    Nurse
    Johnson (TB)
    Zucker
    Belov
    Kuznetsov
    Muzzin
    Anisimov
    Zajac
    Frattin
    Kucherov
    Lazar
    Jenner
    Omark
    Subban.M
    Ramo
    Mason.S

Tim Thomas is also available and has just signed with Florida. Wondering if I should pick him and could be good trade value as the season progress.
    12 Team CBS Dynasty League
    Rotisseie Scoring Cats: +/-, A, G, PIM, PPPTS, SHOG, SOG, Hits, GAA, SPct, W

Team:

C: Mackinnon, Anisimov, Kesler, Kuznetsov, H.Sedin, Scheifele, Bonino, Marchessault, Perreault, Dano
    W: Burakovsky, Hornqvist, Kucherov, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Tatar, Atkinson
    D: Beaulieu, Josi, Martinez, Muzzin, Sekera, Stralman, Borowiecki, Ceci
    G: Bobrovsky, Howard, Domingue, Ward

Prospects: Barzal, Puljujarvi, Rantanen, Vrana, Meier

Start: 4C, 6W, 2Flex, 6D, 2G
    23 Keepers + 5 Prospects

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kuznetsov!!!!! This isn't even close...it's a no brainer. He is way more talented than anyone else on that list and I heard that he just had lunch with Capitals coach and said he wants to prove himself against better competition...sounds to me like he'll be in the NHL by this time next year.

Banned

Have to go with proven talent in Zajac or Anisimov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Im not competing for a couple years so which of the two would be a better fit for my rebuild?

Team:

C: Mackinnon, Anisimov, Kesler, Kuznetsov, H.Sedin, Scheifele, Bonino, Marchessault, Perreault, Dano

23 Keepers + 5 Prospects

Dobber Sports Veteran

The OP is rebuilding so why would he take a 28 year old with 70 pts in his last 145 games(Zajac)? Anisimov is solid he had 29 pts in 36 games in the KHL during the lockout at age 24. Kuznetsov had 44 pts in 51 pts in the KHL at age 20. There's no comparison here. Kuznetsov is 4 years younger and is already the far superior player. You are suggesting older guys that are far less talented than Kuznetsov and that doesn't make sense to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    The OP is rebuilding so why would he take a 28 year old with 70 pts in his last 145 games(Zajac)? Anisimov is solid he had 29 pts in 36 games in the KHL during the lockout at age 24. Kuznetsov had 44 pts in 51 pts in the KHL at age 20. There's no comparison here. Kuznetsov is 4 years younger and is already the far superior player. You are suggesting older guys that are far less talented than Kuznetsov and that doesn't make sense to me.
    28 years old is the perfect age. Entering his prime. 1st line centre on the Devils compared to a guy not even in the NHL.

Saying Kuznetsov is already superior is completely premature.

Talent means ZILCH if he's not HERE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TBizzle View Post
    Im not competing for a couple years so which of the two would be a better fit for my rebuild?
    Zajac. That contract and situation will guarantee him plenty of opportunity to score, and he's young.

Dobber Sports Veteran

28 years old is the perfect age. Entering his prime. 1st line centre on the Devils compared to a guy not even in the NHL.

Saying Kuznetsov is already superior is completely premature.

Talent means ZILCH if he's not HERE.
    Entering his prime? He has regressed as he gets older. He put up 129 pts in 164 games ages 23-24 and at ages 25-27 he put up 70 points in 145 games. Doesn't look to me like that's much of a prime. And yes it's very obvious that Kuznetsov is FAR superior to Zajac. There are tons of guys than can put up Zajac's numbers so when the OP is rebuilding why would he not go for the home run?

Dobber Sports Deity

Kuznetsov is still a pretty big risk to pick right now. He hasn't commited to coming to the NHL other then a few interviews that were translated (and god knows nothing ever gets confused in translation) and people reading too much into things (like eating lunch with the coach?).

Personally, I would be targetting Anisimov. He has a great opportunity in front of him in CBJ.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Entering his prime? He has regressed as he gets older. He put up 129 pts in 164 games ages 23-24 and at ages 25-27 he put up 70 points in 145 games. Doesn't look to me like that's much of a prime. And yes it's very obvious that Kuznetsov is FAR superior to Zajac. There are tons of guys than can put up Zajac's numbers so when the OP is rebuilding why would he not go for the home run?
    How many points has Kuznetsov put up in the NHL from age 23-24 and age 25-27?

Dobber Sports Veteran

How many points has Kuznetsov put up in the NHL from age 23-24 and age 25-27?
    That's the beauty of Kuznetsov in a rebuild. He's only 21 years old. But to answer your question, the same as MacKinnon. 0 because they are still very young.

Dobber Sports Deity

That's the beauty of Kuznetsov in a rebuild. He's only 21 years old. But to answer your question, the same as MacKinnon. 0 because they are still very young.
    MacKinnon is in Colorado. Where is Kuznetsov?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

It's only obvious in fantasy dreamland where we all reap the benefits of players who have never stepped foot on NHL ice.

Zajac is entering his prime and will put up the points in the coming years while little Genia sulks away in Siberia playing shinny hockey with other washed up losers.

And you're failing to factor in Zajac's injury. Like in the Strome vs Yakupov thread, your research is pretty juvenile.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Kuz will still be there at my pick in RD 5. I don't think he is getting much notice from the teams that are competing. I can take Zajac or Anisimov now if they will make my team better and probably grab Kuz in a few picks.

Team:

23 Keepers + 5 Prospects