8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oshie

7 87.50%
  • Turris

1 12.50%

Thread: Oshie or Turris

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Oshie or Turris

Salary cap league with the cats G, A, STPTS, +/- and PIM. Who do you like now and forever and why? Thanks in advance.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

I chose Oshie, simply because he will be L1. other than that they should be pretty close in the pnts dept with ~50pnts, with a slight edge to Oshie in the PIM side.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    I chose Oshie, simply because he will be L1. other than that they should be pretty close in the pnts dept with ~50pnts, with a slight edge to Oshie in the PIM side.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

See, the thing that bothers me about Oshie is his injury history. His style of play makes him likely to be injured more often than Turris. The way I see both this year, they'll be around 50-55 points with Oshie having an edge in PIM as you said. But that is if Oshie plays a full season. Oshie's injury history and slightly higher cap hit make this a closer match than it would be otherwise as Oshie is the better player. But so far it's unanimous for Oshie. Interesting...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts.

See, the thing that bothers me about Oshie is his injury history. His style of play makes him likely to be injured more often than Turris. The way I see both this year, they'll be around 50-55 points with Oshie having an edge in PIM as you said. But that is if Oshie plays a full season. Oshie's injury history and slightly higher cap hit make this a closer match than it would be otherwise as Oshie is the better player. But so far it's unanimous for Oshie. Interesting...
    I hear what you are saying. It makes sense to me. But I'd also go with Oshie. If you look at his injury history, almost all of the games he has missed has been due to ankle or feet injuries. So I'm not sure if his style of play is really a big factor? Or if one should expect him to miss significant games in the future as well? I'd be much more leery of Oshie if he had a history of concussions, or something like that.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Oshie for me...Turris has more potential, but not sure he'll reach it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I hear what you are saying. It makes sense to me. But I'd also go with Oshie. If you look at his injury history, almost all of the games he has missed has been due to ankle or feet injuries. So I'm not sure if his style of play is really a big factor? Or if one should expect him to miss significant games in the future as well? I'd be much more leery of Oshie if he had a history of concussions, or something like that.
    Makes sense. Yeah, the more I look at Oshie's history the more convinced I become that I should keep him over Turris.

2008 - 39 points in 57 GP = 56 points in 82 GP, missed 25 games left ankle injury
    2009 - 48 points in 76 GP = 52 points in 82 GP, missed 6 games appendectomy(4 games) and upper body injury
    2010 - 34 points in 49 GP = 57 points in 82 GP, missed 33 games left ankle surgery
    2011 - 54 points in 80 GP = 55 points in 82 GP, missed 2 games wrist injury
    2012 - 20 points in 30 GP = 55 points in 82 GP, missed 18 games bruised ribs(3 games) and foot injury(15 games)

Only recurring issue that has had him miss a lot of games is that left ankle. But there is also that foot injury from last season. However, he's been amazingly consistent throughout his career. On a 82-game basis, he's money in the bank for 55 points.