Thread: Shp

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Shp

In a 15 team, 10 man keeper.

one of our stats is short handed points and its not a very oft brought up stat around here. they are very elusive.

Considering the top 150ish are kept what kind names can you think of?

Guys like Dupuis, Plekanec, Elias, Ott, Dubinsky, Prust.... a Clutterbuck/Nielsen combo come to mind, among others.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would worry more about your other categories which have higher levels of predictably. SHP is like GWG and shutouts....it's all a crapshoot. I suppose if it came down to two similar players and based on there history one gets more SHG on average then then other, then you select that player.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    I would worry more about your other categories which have higher levels of predictably. SHP is like GWG and shutouts....it's all a crapshoot. I suppose if it came down to two similar players and based on there history one gets more SHG on average then then other, then you select that player.
    Agreed. I wouldn't draft or elevate a guy based on SHP. If there are equal players then yes pick the guy who plays short handed time. They are impossible to predict year over year. They are incredibly valuable if you can find them though )each one is essentially worth a half point in H2h.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Having 10 stacked offensive keepers, this is one of the categories i'm trying to refine my team into being able to tackle this season. There also is some consistency among few shp-getters as much of a crap-shoot as it may be. the guys listed above can be tracked back several years of producing short handed. It is not a H2H pool.

I'll be hunting for stats like +/-, pim, and shp in the draft as thats where my biggest holes are. Taking a couple guys like Dupuis and Ott could shore me up big time and is def worth the shot when i'm playing for 1st.