Thread: Gally or Brown?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Gally or Brown?

Alex Galchenyuk vs Dustin Brown

10 team h2h, G/A/PPP/HIT/PIM/+-
    7 keepers

I'm thinking Brown because he is consistent with his goal scoring and gets a lot of hits, decent +-. Gally has the chance for a breakout season though

Also I have my first round pick so ill have a good shot at scoring a keeper. Last year I snagged Duchene.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by znith View Post
    Alex Galchenyuk vs Dustin Brown

10 team h2h, G/A/PPP/HIT/PIM/+-
    7 keepers

I'm thinking Brown because he is consistent with his goal scoring and gets a lot of hits, decent +-. Gally has the chance for a breakout season though

Also I have my first round pick so ill have a good shot at scoring a keeper. Last year I snagged Duchene.
    I take Galchneyuk. What he did with the small amount of ice time he had last season was incredible.

Dobber Sports Pro

In your league I'd take Brown, for the exact reasons you mention.

Dobber Sports Deity

Any chance you can list your entire roster. Without knowing your rosters strengths and weaknesses its hard to give an accurate assessment on who is the better fit for your roster.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Not too familiar with your league configuration so my understanding of player value may be a little bit bias. Since we pretty much know what you’re getting with brown, let me talk a little bit on the Gally’s case.

As a Montreal fan, I’ve seen a lot of Gally’s game. Not only in the «Bleu, blanc, rouge» jersey but also with the Sarnia sting when he wasn’t hurt and was playing with the Yak.

My verdict will disappoint a lot of people but I’m one of few that think Gally have more point upside than Yak. The kido is an absolute beast, gym geek, totally dedicated to the game, great hands, read the ice very well, we didn’t saw him dictate the game tempo in his freshman year, since he was mostly use at wing position, but I can ensure you that when he’ll be center he’ll be an elite center caliber at this level. Don’t get me wrong here, Yak is one hell of a player, dynamic, awesome shot, always sets def on their heels, a constant scoring treat.

If there was something that I’ve been disappointed with Galchenyuk first year is his shooting. Lot of close range opportunity where he put the puck nowhere near the net. Pretty frustrating at some time for a guy of this caliber. But all this don’t botter me, the guy have an a canon wrist shot when he release it in mid to close range, but is consistency to put that laser on the net was the biggest hole in his game. Since your league doesn’t count shots on goal you’ll be ok!

Finally, I truly believe that Gally is and will be a PPG guy at the very least in a near future. Make it 2-3 years to surpass Desharnais and Pleckanec in the depth chart. The third line with Eller was by far the best CH line for the last part of the season.

His 1st season was a really good one for a 19 guy, like Mattp913 said, limited time, 27 pts, no major mistake, 3rd line role with some little opportunity at times with the big guys. Don’t forget that Galchenyuk miss his entire draft eligible year of development due to knee injury.

Going with gally means that you bet on THE future #1 center of Montreal Canadians. Take my word on this. Time is the only matter in that situation.

On a 1 to 2 years projection here’s the result for me:

Brown > Gally in HIT and PIM
    Gally > Brown in G/A/PPP/+-

That said, gally is my choice here.

Hope my comments will help you with your choice.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My keepers are:

Malkin
    Kessel
    Staal
    Duchene
    Bobby Ryan
    Shea Weber
    (open)

have Brown, Gally, Carter, Voynov, Brent Burns

I am actually leaning towards Brent Burns now that he has RW/D eligibility for sure. Could run him on D and have a strategy of drafting a goalie like Hiller in the first round.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would take Brown over Gally. In a league that counts hits, Brown is an elite fantasy player, definitely a top 3 LWer. I know hits are easier to come by with depth guys than scoring categories, but Brown's combination of HITS and points is too elite to cut for Gally at this point.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by davidgoodburn View Post
    I would take Brown over Gally. In a league that counts hits, Brown is an elite fantasy player, definitely a top 3 LWer. I know hits are easier to come by with depth guys than scoring categories, but Brown's combination of HITS and points is too elite to cut for Gally at this point.
    I agree with this. I love Galchenyuk and is upside is tremendous. With a keep 7 there is a good chance you can re-draft him as well as a strong goalie in the first few rounds. Browns value in your league is very high. Keep Dustin Brown.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Deity

Now that I can see who your keepers are, I too would keep Brown over Galchenyuk.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Burns for me (with dual eligibility only). Having a 50 point D with hits and pims is huuuuge and his stats will be comparable to Brown's but on defense!

If not, go for Brown. Gally can be re-drafted early on if needed
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

I love Galchenyuk but you can't pass on Brown with these league settings and your current keeper group.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey