Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Roto Show 2013/14

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks Rick, awesome!

I suspect I did well in offensive/scoring (G, A, PPP, SOG) and sucked wind in the physical/sandpaper department (HITS, BLKS, PIM - basically anything that requires sacrificing one's body!). I suspect I did slightly above average in G cats, although a lot of it will depend on Hiller.

I will definitely be open to some trades part way through the season (although I usually like to let my team roll for a month or so).

I think I overcompensated for a poor offensive showing last year!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I am wondering how you fix a bad +/-, ugh!
    Trade for Chara!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Goodness... my team really doesn't look too good in categories.
    Well... if I'm last in pretty much all of GAA/SV%/W/SV... maybe I just start one goalie, pray for a great game (Elliott vs. Nashville?) and punt the W/SV categories.
    Won't be enough for first, but maybe I can salvage a top three finish!!! LOL.

Is Vokoun a lock to be out for a long time... or could he be back in a month or two?
    I actually wondered if that could ever be used as a strategy!?
    As long as the prayer is answered you have 2/4 without a worry in the world haha
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Goodness... my team really doesn't look too good in categories.
    Well... if I'm last in pretty much all of GAA/SV%/W/SV... maybe I just start one goalie, pray for a great game (Elliott vs. Nashville?) and punt the W/SV categories.
    Won't be enough for first, but maybe I can salvage a top three finish!!! LOL.

Is Vokoun a lock to be out for a long time... or could he be back in a month or two?
    I remember in 2005, the doctors shut him right down for the season, pretty dangerous stuff this blood clotting, I can see him being out for a long time. But it's a guess.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Thanks Rick, awesome!

I suspect I did well in offensive/scoring (G, A, PPP, SOG) and sucked wind in the physical/sandpaper department (HITS, BLKS, PIM - basically anything that requires sacrificing one's body!). I suspect I did slightly above average in G cats, although a lot of it will depend on Hiller.

I will definitely be open to some trades part way through the season (although I usually like to let my team roll for a month or so).

I think I overcompensated for a poor offensive showing last year!
    PIM's and Blocks are your only soft categories - Saves is a little low but at midrange for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    You know, one thing I did spot is that you are projected to win hits with about a 300 margin on the next guy and many, many more on others in the league. You can sure afford to swap out some of that for offense and still maintain your standing there. Winning by 1 and winning by 300 produce the same roto score.
    Yeah I think I may have gone overkill on that - I figure PIM and even BLK could be good and maybe I overfocused on the dual-eligibility face off winners, without actually drafting a sole-center eligible player!

I also didnt keep track of the stats that my drafted players had last year (or are projected to have). Im guessing if I started adding up all of that I could have seen quite a difference between the G/A/PPP and the PIM/HIT etc.

Also, didnt really look too much into how many (x/amount) it would take to win (y/category) so maybe realizing I needed 250 goals to even compete would have helped lol

edit: taking luongo early and then taking shitty goalies was also probably not the smartest idea - what benefit is taking a goalie early if pavelec and a toronto maple leaf are dragging him down. damnit damnit damnit
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Yeah I think I may have gone overkill on that - I figure PIM and even BLK could be good and maybe I overfocused on the dual-eligibility face off winners, without actually drafting a sole-center eligible player!

I also didnt keep track of the stats that my drafted players had last year (or are projected to have). Im guessing if I started adding up all of that I could have seen quite a difference between the G/A/PPP and the PIM/HIT etc.

Also, didnt really look too much into how many (x/amount) it would take to win (y/category) so maybe realizing I needed 250 goals to even compete would have helped lol

edit: taking luongo early and then taking shitty goalies was also probably not the smartest idea - what benefit is taking a goalie early if pavelec and a toronto maple leaf are dragging him down. damnit damnit damnit
    Actually I don't think the numbers I came up with fairly indicate the quality of your team - Matt Martin and Smid might be the weakest of your picks - replace them with a couple of 20 goal, 30 assists with some sog and ppp and your numbers will swing dramatically.

You did a nice job of drafting for the most part.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hmmmmm - it appears that we have the opposite shortcomings/strengths!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Funny how that works huh?

Dobber Sports Wizard

That list pretty much confirmed what I thought. I know I'm in a bad spot as far as goaltending goes. Best I can hope for there, as things stand now, is to finish top 5-7 in the ratios, but I'd be damn lucky to get 5 points combined total from the counting stats. I didn't even realize that everybody else was loading up on so many goalies. By the time I did...well, too damn late to do anything about it.

My feeling is my skaters will be average at best. Wayyy too many young unproven guys. I don't know why I always do that on draft day, but what's done is done. Here's hoping they all decide to take a massive step-up simultaneously.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

call me
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

call me
    Most definitely!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm assuming I will be dead last in goalie categories this year. I only ended up drafting two goalies, and one of them is Ryan Miller.

I tried to draft my defense late outside of Karlsson, and that did work pretty well I think. But I wasn't able to draft the goalies to support it, and I don't know that my forwards will score enough to make up for my lack of offense from my defense.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I'm assuming I will be dead last in goalie categories this year. I only ended up drafting two goalies, and one of them is Ryan Miller.
    Haha, nope... I got you beat.
    Per shoeless spreadsheet... I should get about 8 of a total 56 points in goaltending categories!!! LOL.

I'm gonna get a first game shutout, take my 30pts (14/14/1/1) and go home.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post

I tried to draft my defense late outside of Karlsson, and that did work pretty well I think. But I wasn't able to draft the goalies to support it, and I don't know that my forwards will score enough to make up for my lack of offense from my defense.
    Actually 5 cats are low for your the rest are good to excellent. You want Saves, Wins, +/-, SOG and PPP.