Thread: First Overall Pick who to go with? Keeper League

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default First Overall Pick who to go with? Keeper League

Our league is a 16 team keeper league ... each team has 5 keepers.

I've got the first overall pick and i'm going to have three forwards and 2 goalies as keepers. With that pick do I go with the best available from the non keepers which would be Letang or go for the future stud in Mackinnon/Drouin/Nugent Hopkins (who would be available). I like Mackinnon ahead of Drouin and a toss up with Hopkins .. i've had HOpkins and been burned already by his injuries.

what do you guys think?

Dobber Sports Initiate

That's tough. What are your league's specifics (stats/starts)?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Yeah its definitely a tough call.

Our stats are as follows:

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, PPG, BLKs

Banned

Letang is the choice out of the guys listed because he should outpoint all of them next season - and because he is a d-man it makes the choice even easier.

Might change my mind if I knew who your keepers are to see what kind of chance the young forwards have of being kept beyond next year...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

RNH for me. IMO has the highest upside of the three forwards, and will definitely dominate the PPP category. I think you can't get a proper opinion until you post your current 5 keepers though.

Dobber Sports Newbie

My keepers currently would be Malkin, Nash, H. Sedin with goalies Bernier and Schneider. My plan would be if I go with Mackinnon to ride out season and see how it goes and thnk of a packaging sedin and one of these goalies for a true number one near the deadline.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

IMO, RNH > Sedin already (even though production doesn't back me up). I'd definitely go with Nuge.