Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo H2H keeper - keep which 5 ??

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Yahoo H2H keeper - keep which 5 ??

Hey fellas,

I have to declare my 5 keepers in a Yahoo 12 team H2H league in the next few weeks. It can be any 5 guys on my roster. Settings are as follows:

Daily starts - 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G 4 bench (1 IR spot)
    Skater stats: G, A, P, PPP, PIM, +/-, SOG, FOW, Hits, Blks
    Goalie stats: W, GAA, SVP, SO (minimum 3 goalie starts per week)

Possible keepers:

Malkin (C/RW)
    Giroux (C/RW)
    Neal (LW/RW)
    N. Backstrom (C)
    Pacioretty (LW)
    Yakupov (RW)
    Letang
    Bobrovsky
    Price

Malkin and Giroux are both obvious keepers. I'm leaning towards also protecting Backstrom, Neal and Price but I am hoping for some input from you guys ...... Which 5 would you be keeping???

Also, I am going to see if I can work any trades to try and upgrade one or more of my keepers but it might not be easy.

Thoughts?

Thanks, WC17

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough call. You are going to have to expose at least one VERY good player to the draft which sucks big time.

Malkin (C/RW)
    Giroux (C/RW)

Neal (LW/RW)
    N. Backstrom (C)
    Pacioretty (LW)
    Yakupov (RW)
    Letang
    Bobrovsky
    Price
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would go with:

Malkin
    Giroux
    N.Backstrom - I think he will have a big year
    Letang
    Price - Montreal should not be as abd and his stats will rebound
    Dynasty League

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SO, SV%

C- A.Matthews, J.Eichel, N.Hischier, C.Dvorak
    LW- N.Ehlers, A.Galchenyuk, J.Schwartz, J.Vesey, R.Fabbri
    RW - N.Niederrieter, A.Duclair, M.Hoffman, C.Coyle
    D - I.Provorov, M.Sergachev, M.Dumba, T.Barrie, R.Ellis, C.Ceci, D.Pouliot
    G- B.Bishop, S.Varlamov, J.Sarros
    Prospects- D.Sprong, J.Gillies, T.Jarry, T.Liljegren, F.Chytil, L.Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Tough call. You are going to have to expose at least one VERY good player to the draft which sucks big time.

Malkin (C/RW)
    Giroux (C/RW)

Neal (LW/RW)
    N. Backstrom (C)
    Pacioretty (LW)
    Yakupov (RW)
    Letang
    Bobrovsky
    Price
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    I would go with:

Malkin
    Giroux
    N.Backstrom - I think he will have a big year
    Letang
    Price - Montreal should not be as abd and his stats will rebound
    Thanks for the input - Bristol I sent you some rep Axeman I gotta spread it around first.

Interesting that both of you stayed away from Neal, I like his dual eligibility as it gives me more flexibility. I do agree that Backstrom could be in for a big year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Thanks for the input - Bristol I sent you some rep Axeman I gotta spread it around first.

Interesting that both of you stayed away from Neal, I like his dual eligibility as it gives me more flexibility. I do agree that Backstrom could be in for a big year.
    Its not so much that I stayed away from Neal... believe me, I wanted to include him but I just felt that Letang at D was just too hard to pass up so I had to sacrifice someone and it was Neal. It really came down to Neal or Letang for me for the last guy (I felt it was important to keep one of your goalies) and I chose Letang.

As I said, either way you are going to have to expose at least one very good player but in your case you are exposing a few.

Very tough choice indeed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Its not so much that I stayed away from Neal... believe me, I wanted to include him but I just felt that Letang at D was just too hard to pass up so I had to sacrifice someone and it was Neal. It really came down to Neal or Letang for me for the last guy (I felt it was important to keep one of your goalies) and I chose Letang.

As I said, either way you are going to have to expose at least one very good player but in your case you are exposing a few.

Ya I also do not really know if I want to keep 3 Penguins so I think I will end up keeping only one of Neal or Letang, and in this setup Letang can be a monster.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; September 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm torn here too, but Letang would be my pick as well (along with Malkin, Giroux, Backstrom and Price).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Skater stats: G, A, P, PPP, PIM, +/-, SOG, FOW, Hits, Blks
    Goalie stats: W, GAA, SVP, SO (minimum 3 goalie starts per week)

Possible keepers:

Malkin (C/RW)
    Giroux (C/RW)
    Neal (LW/RW)
    N. Backstrom (C)

Pacioretty (LW)
    Yakupov (RW)
    Letang
    Bobrovsky
    Price
    My keepers in BOLD.

It's hard not to protect Price... but I'm just not a big fan of keeping anybody not named Lundqvist/Rask in H2H limited keeper.

Goalie performance can be highly volatile in a single H2H playoff week and I'd much rather go after the surer, offensive, cats.

With these guys... you have a death-grip-lock on 7 offensive categories.
    With only 14 categories in play, you just have to draft some big hitters/block defensemen late.
    [and SO is often a 0-0 wash... so you are looking at 7/13 categories = win.]

I'd look to dominate offense to win this pool.
    If you get a few goalie cats with a lucky week, so be it.

5 skaters, for me.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    My keepers in BOLD.

It's hard not to protect Price... but I'm just not a big fan of keeping anybody not named Lundqvist/Rask in H2H limited keeper.

Goalie performance can be highly volatile in a single H2H playoff week and I'd much rather go after the surer, offensive, cats.

With these guys... you have a death-grip-lock on 7 offensive categories.
    With only 14 categories in play, you just have to draft some big hitters/block defensemen late.
    [and SO is often a 0-0 wash... so you are looking at 7/13 categories = win.]

I'd look to dominate offense to win this pool.
    If you get a few goalie cats with a lucky week, so be it.

5 skaters, for me.
    Interesting. Thanks for the input P7, I tried to rep ya but I have to spread it around first. You have no concerns about keeping 3 Penguins? (they do have a good schedule for my Yahoo playoffs playing 4 times per week for each of the 3 weeks)

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with Penguin7. Offense wins fanatasy hockey pools and I think you should keep your big guns.

I would keep:
    Malkin (C/RW)
    Giroux (C/RW)
    Neal (LW/RW)
    N. Backstrom (C)
    Letang
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Interesting. Thanks for the input P7, I tried to rep ya but I have to spread it around first. You have no concerns about keeping 3 Penguins? (they do have a good schedule for my Yahoo playoffs playing 4 times per week for each of the 3 weeks)

It's true that if the Pens get shut down one week... you may be in trouble.
    But that rarely happens... and you can NOT BEAT a 4 game week, if that is indeed what they have. (good checking).

Also, don't forget that LW depth in fantasy hockey is starting to thin a little bit (with Ovechkin now a RW). You'd have to look at your league's available players and make a call on how easy it will be to find a couple good LWs for your set up.

Dobber Sports Giant

Hehe, you're asking Pengwin if he has concerns about keeping more Penguins than less? As Alanis would say: '' Isn't it ironic, don't you think?''
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hehe, you're asking Pengwin if he has concerns about keeping more Penguins than less? As Alanis would say: '' Isn't it ironic, don't you think?''
    Pengwin does not like the Penguins.
    Pengwin likes Flyers.
    True.
    (btw, not meaning to derail thread... but my favourite team is the Flyers.)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Malkin,Neal,Giroux,Letang are locks IMO. The last spot should come down to Backstrom,Yakupov,Price. I would lean towards Backstrom with the FOW and PPP.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would opt for Neal and Letang along with the obvious (Malkin, Giroux, Price). Neal because of his dual wing eligibility as you point out and Letang, as he is one of the 3 elite offensive d-men in the league.

Although I really like Backstrom and expect a big year from him, the only reason I did not opt for him was because of the positional requirements. Easier to fill C than Wingers, as you well know.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer