Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Yakupov vs Drouin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! Its so true. Just wait until McDavid's draft year. I wonder how many threads we will see asking about McDavid vs Drouin or McDavid vs MacKinnon.

They are coming. Book it!

LOL... so true. What fun would fantasy boards be without them?

Dobber Sports Ace

It's at this point that I'd like to add that I now own all three in a league I just joined - as an expansion GM - last year. Hi-yo!

But in seriousness:

We don't have a huge book on what Yakupov will do, given he's only had a 48-game season under his belt. I really liked what I saw, but am a bit concerned about all the talent he's playing behind. He may be the best of the bunch (many saying he has more talent than Eberle), but that remains to be seen. I don't really think he's a KHL threat, but that remains to be seen as well. I think he's a legit talent, but there are question marks.

I love what McKinnon has to offer with great speed and skill. And I also think he and Duchene will combine to be a ridiculous one-two punch eventually. To me, he's going to be an absolute star. And he has a few less bodies to climb over than Yakupov does. Any guy who goes #1 in the deepest draft in years is absolutely legit.

Drouin appears to be the heir apparent to StLouis. Clearly, he may not get the chance to play full-time alongside Stamkos until MSL is done, but if/when that happens....well, I can't think of a better place to land. It remains to be seen, though, if his skill level will translate to the bigger/faster NHL game. I think it will, but it may not. But, much like MacKinnon, to be a top-3 pick in this deep draft says something about the kid's value.

I'm really tempted to take the "they'll all be top studs, within 10-15 points of it each in a given year" mindset...but that's kinda a cop-out

So my personal ranking, combining ST and LT:

MacKinnon - I think he surpasses Duchene (who I absolutely love) and puts up big numbers in Col

Yakupov - cannot deny the talent around him in Edmonton, but I think that also slightly affects his numbers

Drouin - simply because I think he'll need to, at the NHL level, be slotted with Stamkos to put up really eye-popping numbers. That will likely happen, but it may take a bit of time. So the short-term numbers might take a hit, affecting Drouin's overall appeal

But, again, I don't think you go wrong with any of the three.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! Its so true. Just wait until McDavid's draft year. I wonder how many threads we will see asking about McDavid vs Drouin or McDavid vs MacKinnon.

They are coming. Book it!
    McDavid!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would shitcan Yakupov as fast as you can. Last season was a fluke. Going forward he's stuck on the third line, playing 7th wheel. And there's always the KHL threat looming. I bet you could get a decent return for him now like maybe Ladd or Kesler.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rob2kx View Post
    I would shitcan Yakupov as fast as you can. Last season was a fluke. Going forward he's stuck on the third line, playing 7th wheel. And there's always the KHL threat looming. I bet you could get a decent return for him now like maybe Ladd or Kesler.
    please elaborate. What's that based on?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rob2kx View Post
    Sounds a bit like a scorned wanna be yak owner. Your arguements are flippant and lack substance. I will choose to disregard your passion for the irrational. I would suggest the same for the OP. go play on Grendel's bridge. But do please have a nice night.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Yakupov
    Drouin
    MacKinnon
    I would have to agree with this list.. Yakupov is #1 for me..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..