Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tarasenko or granlund

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Personally I prefer Granlund. I dont own him in any leagues, nor do I own Tarasenko. I used to own Tarasenko but I traded him in a monster deal prior to the season starting last year.

I cant put my finger on it but I prefer Granlund but I think it boils down to one thing. The Minnesota Wild need Michael Granlund to be one of their best players this year if they are going to take the next step this year. They really need him to be their starting 2nd line centre if they are going to improve. Coyle hasn't played a lot at centre in the NHL so I am not sure Minnesota is sold on him being their future top 6 centre (I think they are more comfortable with Coyle on the wing) so I dont think Coyle is a threat to bump Granlund and will only do so if Granlund cant be their guy. I think Granlund knows this and will come out a lot stronger this year compared to last season. I also think Granlund being sent down to the AHL will be a big eye opener for him this year, almost a humbling experience. I think he has learned from that and will be a much better player because of it.

Tarasenko on the other hand isn't needed to be "the guy" in St Louis. In fact, all he needs to be right now is a solid 3rd line winger. Thats where he will end up playing most of this year. I think he gets frustrated with his lack of being "the guy" and his play will show because of it. I am not saying he will "tank" (please excuse the pun) but I am just not as sold on him as I am Granlund.

For me, I like the guy who is NEEDED to be an important part of the solution for his team. I like Granlund more then Tarasenko.
    I think the Blues NEED Tarasenko to score much more than Minny needs anything from Granlund at this point in time. STL only had 3 guys score more than 10 goals last year and they traded one of them away. This is a team STARVING for offence. The only kicker is that you need a fairly rounded game to get the minutes in STL and Tarasenko has not proven to be ready. His game with and without the puck is not there and, from what I saw from him last season, it is going to take some time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I think the Blues NEED Tarasenko to score much more than Minny needs anything from Granlund at this point in time. STL only had 3 guys score more than 10 goals last year and they traded one of them away. This is a team STARVING for offence. The only kicker is that you need a fairly rounded game to get the minutes in STL and Tarasenko has not proven to be ready. His game with and without the puck is not there and, from what I saw from him last season, it is going to take some time.
    Every team wants their players to score, but I think Minny is worse off down the middle then STL is on the RW (thats also part of the reason why Tarasenko is currently a 3rd line player on that roster). That's why Granlund's performance is important to the upcoming season for Minny. If Tarasenko only pots 15G this year, I think STL has the depth to overcome that and will still be a solid all around team. Minny is missing a solid #2 centre and they NEED Granlund to step up and be that guy. Who is their other option? Brodziak??

I'm sorry but there is no way Tarasenko is a more important cog in STL succeeding then Granlund is for Minny to succeed. I just dont see it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."