Thread: Trade help please.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade help please.

I messed up a draft when I misread the positional requirements and thought we had a Flex position when we don't.....boneheaded move I know - I blame it on the fact that I normally play in ESPN leagues and I've never 'not had' a flex position and this was a yahoo default league.

12 team league: QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/Def 6 Bench
    Standard yahoo scoring

So I have a couple RB's that don't have a spot in the active roster and I'm lacking some other depth.

My roster:
    QB - Newton, Flacco
    RB - Foster, MJD, Bradshaw, B.Brown, Dwyer
    WR - D.Jackson, C.Shorts, S.Johnson, K.Britt, V.Brown
    TE - Z.Sudfeld
    K - Vinatieri
    DEF - Colts

I was offered the following deal:
    TE - O.Daniels for RB - Dwyer

Seems like a fair deal and some insurance in case Sudfeld becomes the next L.Kendricks (nice preseason turns into regular season dud).

However, I think my real need is at WR.

The other team's roster:
    QB - Kaepernick, Dalton
    RB - D.Murray, D.Sproles, B.Pierce, Dan.Thomas, C.Michael
    WR - Megatron, AJ.Green, V.Cruz, Floyd
    TE - G.Olsen, O.Daniels
    K - Bryant
    DEF - SF

Anyone see a fit in terms of a RB for WR deal between us?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by QStar View Post
    I messed up a draft when I misread the positional requirements and thought we had a Flex position when we don't.....boneheaded move I know - I blame it on the fact that I normally play in ESPN leagues and I've never 'not had' a flex position and this was a yahoo default league.

12 team league: QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/Def 6 Bench
    Standard yahoo scoring

So I have a couple RB's that don't have a spot in the active roster and I'm lacking some other depth.

My roster:
    QB - Newton, Flacco
    RB - Foster, MJD, Bradshaw, B.Brown, Dwyer
    WR - D.Jackson, C.Shorts, S.Johnson, K.Britt, V.Brown
    TE - Z.Sudfeld
    K - Vinatieri
    DEF - Colts

I was offered the following deal:
    TE - O.Daniels for RB - Dwyer

Seems like a fair deal and some insurance in case Sudfeld becomes the next L.Kendricks (nice preseason turns into regular season dud).

However, I think my real need is at WR.

The other team's roster:
    QB - Kaepernick, Dalton
    RB - D.Murray, D.Sproles, B.Pierce, Dan.Thomas, C.Michael
    WR - Megatron, AJ.Green, V.Cruz, Floyd
    TE - G.Olsen, O.Daniels
    K - Bryant
    DEF - SF

Anyone see a fit in terms of a RB for WR deal between us?

Yes trade Dwyer. He is a plodder that will split time with Redman at best and lose most of his touches when Bell returns.

As for your wr's, see if you can package Bradshaw and Djax for Cruz or Green. If not, hope you hit on one of your high risk wr's or that there's some good options on the WW

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dwyer is really god but Tomlin hates him so its all about if they give him a chance. I'm thinking Dwyer will b the starting running back this season and will have way more value than a mediorce TE. I'd move Foster as a sell high right now and get one of his 2 big wr + a rb. For isnatance Green+Murray or Megatron+Pierce+Daniels or something. I'm terrified of Foster since the Texans said they are going to "ease him in."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He will not take Bradshaw and Djaxx for Green or even Cruz. I would be looking at kind of resetting a couple rounds of your draft. My biggest thing is you likely spent an earlier pick on Newton than you should have when you could have gotten a very reliable QB in later rounds.

My trade proposal idea for you is this..

Your Cam Newton and Ahmad Bradshaw
    for
    His Colin Kaep, and A.J. Green.

Him getting a 'glorified' upgrade at QB and another solid RB option behind Sproles might blind him enough into giving you A.J. Colin will step in as a slight downgrade on Newton (with just about as high a ceiling mind you) and you'll have a bonafied stud at WR. Just my opinion.
    Good Luck
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.