Thread: Huge Rebuild almost done.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Huge Rebuild almost done.

So I traded away some points at the end of last season and then continued the getting younger trend as my team was only competing for 3rd the last few years and playoffs. 10 team league, points only no positions top 12 count (this past year i was miles behind because of spezza/hossa/gaborik). Ive been going trade happy and not sure it's for the best, what do you guys think?

Old Team New Team
    Datsyuk D. Sedin
    Spezza Kessel
    Gaborik Perry
    Eriksson Hodgson
    Iginla Iginla
    Hossa O'Reilly
    Stastny Grigorenko
    Krejci Nichushkin
    Pavelski Pavelski
    Letang Letang
    Jagr Baertschi
    Yandle Monahan
    Berglund Turris
    Filpulla Filpulla
    Read B. Saad
    Hudler Etem
    Brown OPEN SLOT
    Palmieri Palmieri
    Kreider Kreider
    Schwartz Schwartz

Along with 3 extra first rounders next year, all of them being top 5-6 picks (including my own)

I paid a lot to upgrade my top 3, and now i have the 2nd best young core in the pool along with the most picks over the next 2 seasons.
    Im planning for 3 years from now to start competing. Trading off Sedin, Iginla, Pavelski is next. If anyone cares enough i could post all the trades i made in 5 months to get here.
    10 Team Keeper, NO POSITIONS, POINTS ONLY Keep 20
    D. Sedin, Spezza, Hossa, Eriksson, Iginla, Hodgson, Sharp, Statsny, Bergeron, Pavelski, Letang, Brown, Berglund, Read, Turris, Filppula, Kreider, Palmieri, Schwartz, Baertschi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Trading for Daniel was a mistake, I would trade him away for a younger player. Try for Duchene. IMO looks like you got worse unless a lot of prospects pan out.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Trading for Daniel was a mistake, I would trade him away for a younger player. Try for Duchene. IMO looks like you got worse unless a lot of prospects pan out.
    Looks like that may have been his intent - getting a younger roster to compete in the next few years. So yes, the team did regress now, but in a few years, may get back into contention.

That said, I do agree - get rid of D Sedin for Duchene or like (someone younger than DS) if you can
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like the acquisition of Daniel right now. Hold him for a week or two into the season. Find the hottest spot in that time frame and flip him. I agree Duchene is a good target. What i'd try and do myself is target Benn and Seguin right now before the season begins. Although a day before Angus dropped his Seguin bomb on the front page would have been better

Hold onto Iggy a bit longer. Say December/January before you actively try and move him. Listen of course but dont push. His value will only increase as the year progresses.

I'm not sure i'd even bother moving LIttle Joe. I'd probably just keep him.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    Looks like that may have been his intent - getting a younger roster to compete in the next few years. So yes, the team did regress now, but in a few years, may get back into contention.

That said, I do agree - get rid of D Sedin for Duchene or like (someone younger than DS) if you can
    Yea, sometimes in fantasy though we shoot too young. 3 years is probably an unrealistic target. 5 right now is more likely and that's a lot of losing.