Thread: Help!!! Desparate need for a tender!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Help!!! Desparate need for a tender!!

Team and scoring cats are in the sig below. I'm re-building this team and as you can see, I have 4 goalies for this season but I'm thinking that I'm only gauranteed Fleury for next year. I've identified the few that interest me while maybe not breaking my prospect pool too much. My question is, what do you feel are approxiamate fair prices for the following tenders:

Markstrom
    Stalock
    Gibson
    Raanta
    Vasilievski

Note that all of these tenders are listed as prospects on their respective teams.

Thanks in advance
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Markstrom is my pick of the group.

Without knowing your league or gm's its pretty hard to build a trade for you here.

That said if it were my league and my gm's i'd be offering up Brodeur or Nabakov and a guy like Trouba to get him keeping in mind the gm would probably push back and ask for a prospect team goalie as well.

I'd be comfertable paying that type of price to get markstrom.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would go with Markstrom as well. His potential is slightly better then others goalies. I like other goaltenders also, but Markstrom will be the first goaltender in florida this year. Other are at 2,3 year to have an impact in nhl.
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Thanks guys and agree that Markstrom would be my first choice. Being a dynasty league, there is no help on FA list so propects or roster players are what's available.

My question is, what do you feel are approxiamate fair prices for the following tenders:

Markstrom
    Stalock
    Gibson
    Raanta
    Vasilievski

Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by leaftodd View Post
    if it were my league and my gm's i'd be offering up Brodeur or Nabakov and a guy like Trouba to get him keeping in mind the gm would probably push back and ask for a prospect team goalie as well.

I'd be comfertable paying that type of price to get markstrom.

I wouldnt bother buying Stalock or Raanta.

Gibson i'd pay less for than Markstrom but i'd still buy him. I'd be offering 1 for 1 a lesser name than Trouba. Vasilievski i feel there is much too much hype on right now to buy. You'll need to pay more than his value point is in my opinion.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

Unfortunately, I inherited these tenders when I took over the team this season. I really think that I may have only 1 or 2, if I'm lucky, next year. Brodeur will most likely pack it in and Nabby and/or Vokoun may not get another contract. That leaves me hoping that at least 1 of Svedberg or Eriksson makes it to be a back-up. And then I still need at least 1 more and probably 2 to be at least part timers. I should get a full season out of what I have now (barring injury or suckitis) but beyond that is a crap shoot at best.

Gibson, Markstrom, and Vasilevskiy should eventually be #1's and from what I've seen and heard to date it looks like Stalock will be #2 in SJ and Raanta will compete for that spot with Khabibulin.

So what says everyone? What from my team would you reasonably offer for those players straight up? We can't take the other GM's needs into consideration at this point but if I have a good idea, I could probably find a way to meet their needs too. I'm hoping to make an offer that they need to think about without paying a ransom. I don't mind a slight overpayment considering my position but would like an idea of what the ball park should be in this case.

Dobber Sports Pro

Markstrom's value is going to depend on the GM who owns him. I'm not sure how much I would pay for him at this point, and he's not the one I'd mainly be targetting from the list you provided. However, given that three of your goaltenders could very well end up retiring next summer, he's definitely the most valuable due to the fact he's supposedly NHL ready. Depends on what the GM who owns Markstrom needs, but I'd start by dangling Filppula or Hartnell...and then offer Brayden Schenn straight up for him. Most of the GM's I deal with in my leagues want a goalie back in return when they trade a goalie so...might do something like Schenn+one of the aging vets for Markstrom.

Both Vasilevskiy's and Gibson's values are very high right now and should continue as such, as both are regarded as arguably the top two goaltending prospects in the world and have future all-star written all over them. If I had either of those two in any keeper league format it would take a very nice return to get me to consider dealing one of them. I'd gauge the owner's of these players to see which of my young forwards they like the best. I'd personally move any of your prospects with the exception of Nichushkin, Kucherov and Kuznetsov in a deal for Vasilevski or Gibson.

Raanta and Stalock neither should be that hard to get right now and neither are guaranteed to become starter's in the NHL. I likely wouldn't offer any of your current prospects except for Saros for one of Raanta or Stalock.

Anyways...hope this helps.

Thanks HH, That's pretty much what I was looking for. Ballpark estimates. Thanks a lot.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1) This league has an 8/5 category split.
    2) There are 16 teams.
    3) There are 2G slots per team, that's 32 goalies in play.

So... goalies are scarce, because there are more goalie in play (32) than there are starting NHL goalies (30). Also, goalie value is high because they contribute to 5/13 categories.

If I had Markstrom, in this league, you'd have to offer me two really, really good skaters, probably your BEST two: Hartnell & Huberdeau.

Goalie value is THAT high in this league, with these settings.

Thanks Penguin, that's what I've been finding for the most part through preliminary discussion with fellow GM's. Thought maybe it was just me being cheap, lol. Might just have to forget this idea for now and see what I can garb on the WW. There are a few guys available but none of them give the sense that they are a long term option. I might just wait until the end of next season or when someone comes calling for a trade to see if I can work out a deal around whatever they may be after. I am ok for this year, and I might get lucky and get one of my draft picks on a roster for next season. We'll have to play this day to day me thinks.

So this is how it shook out in the end. Pricey but needed to be done and I get a goalie that is more like to play the season after next too, at least a bit.

I gave Brayden Schenn, Hunter Shinkaruk, Cody Ceci and 2nd round pick 2014

for

Andrei Vasilevski, Jason Labarbara, 3rd 2015 (from 2nd)
    Last edited by Jorge; August 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM.