Thread: Harvey+ for Madbum+

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Harvey+ for Madbum+

I got offered a trade in my 14 team dynasty yesterday that was my Madison Bumgardner, jean suguera, and Carlos Gomez for his Matt Harvey, Adam jones and scooter gennett. He knows my love for Harvey... And I'm considering this move as I have Elvis manning SS as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not that big of a fan of Gennett. We don't know if he will stick as a starter next year. Even if he does I don't see him having that much of an impact fantasy wise. In a 14 team league he may hold some value, but I would rather have your side. You may be a Harvey fan, but MadBum is a very underrated pitcher and you would also be giving up a comparable CF in Gomez as well as very good, young SS in Segura. You may have Andrus already which would allow you to move Segura and that is something I would still try, but not overly excited about this offer. Depending on what your roster positions look like you could use Segura in an IF, UTIL, etc spot if you already have a SS. Tough to say much more than this without knowing too much about keepers, positions, etc.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

C-Sal Perez
    1-Butler
    2-Seager
    Ss-Segura
    3-Alvarez
    IF-gyorko
    LF-Lake
    CF-Gomez
    RF-Bruce
    Util-andrus
    Util-McCann
    BN-Neil walker, Braun
    DL-wright

SP-sale, madbum, Locke, price, maholm, beachy, cingraini, haren, Wei-yin, hamel, Duffy, Skaggs,
    RP-chapman, holland, street, Henderson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I too have Sal as my C in my dynasty league. Not sure if you are, but I am still a believer in him. Think he is going to be special. Who does the guy offering you Harvey have at 1B? I would think 1B is a place you could upgrade in. I like Butler, but don't think he is a corner stone IF that some do. IMO he is good, but nothing special so that would be a spot I'd consider upgrading. Seager will be losing his 2B eligibility, but I see you have Gyorko and Walker when he does. I like both of those options. The other position that stands out to me that you could use an upgrade in is LF. Lake is decent, but I don't think he has too much staying power. I could be wrong, but that's my 2 cents. So 1B and LF is where I would look hard at. Check his team, see if they have those options and go from there.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1717 View Post
    I got offered a trade in my 14 team dynasty yesterday that was my Madison Bumgardner, jean suguera, and Carlos Gomez for his Matt Harvey, Adam jones and scooter gennett. He knows my love for Harvey... And I'm considering this move as I have Elvis manning SS as well.
    I think you'd be giving up too much with Harvey and Jones. Talk him down to a different outfielder.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I actually see it as very close both ways. Gomez and Jones have similar value; Jones is weighted a little more toward power and Gomez toward SB. To me, MadBum and Harvey are also approximately equal. Both will be very good pitchers, but MadBum will win more games, while Harvey will earn more K. Harvey might have a better ceiling for ERA & WHIP but is less proven. That part cancels out to me.

The difference is that Segura has a good bit more value than Gennett. He's showing he can swipe bags, score runs and even hit for power too. Plus, he's likely a long term starter at short. His side wins by a little for my money.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne