Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: So...I traded Stamkos

Dobber Sports Legend

NX,

You made a deal that will sting for a while - it happens - we all make them. It seems like your hand was forced a bit which stinks. That said, I probably would have dealt Ovie before Stamkos personally, but what is done is done. So now what?

You hope Eberle continues to progress into an 85 point talent like he is capable of. Then you draft the best talent at 7 - someone who can snipe. Hopefully Yakupov is available, if not, maybe you can make a side deal to guarantee him?

Yakupov and Eberle for Stamkos is still a downgrade but potentially a slight one. I think most people here are too focused on the names: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Stamkos and don't realize, even though they are the top offensive producers today, the separation between them and the pack is nowhere near Lemieux/Gretzky level during their eras.

Stamkos should be a lock for 53G/43A/96Pts. with the realistic ability to hit 62G/48A/110 points but he will not have a steady run of 100+ seasons. Eberle should be a steady 30G/40A/70Pts. player from this point on and certainly has the talent to hit 36G/48A/84Pts. with the Oil machine. Yakupov is just getting warmed up and also has the skill to be a 38G/80+Pt player in the NHL.

So, while this isn't the ideal situation, if you are able to land Yakupov the blow will be softened. If not, grab Justin Schultz - he could soon be a top-5 offensive D producer for a long time. If you have to settle for someone like Toffoli this deal will burn for a while. It will be another 3-4 years before he is a reliable 30-goal, 70-point threat (if it does happen).

You traded Stamkos and made the bold/risky move. Oh well, time to move on and get your club running on all cylinders by Oct.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by NatureX View Post
    We are 1 year behind, Eberle still on rookie contract.
    Stamkos jumped to 8,000,000 this year and I have ovi @ 9,000,000.

Yes my ass hurts more so after I read this thread lmao
    I don't get how you have ebs on his ELC for 3 years. His 6mil deal kicks in this year, so if you are 1 year behind he will cost you 6mil next year. Still a savings of 2mil for the next two years.. but then Stamkos will actually be cheaper than Eberle in that 3rd year.

Not sure if you know of it, but capgeek.com will answer all of your contract questions.

Take Huberdeau or Yak, and failing that Schultz. Failing all of that Tarasenko and Toffoli. If you end up with Gallagher.. ouch. Hamilton I don't know enough about to say.
    If you get one of Yak or Huberdeau then all this talk about bum pain can go away because it will be pretty good for your team long term and Stamkos isn't going to be that far ahead to make it as bad as they say.

As for signing an "expensive D-man like bouwmeester" ..... is a poor strategy to go by. You should be looking to sign a PPQB regardless of them being expensive or cheap.
    Last edited by BlackGold; August 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Pro

Haven't read thru any of the replies in this thread, but I did read the 1st post...

And my thoughts can best be described by viewing the this.

Dobber Sports Veteran

No hard feelings bro, Im just a little too used to trolling on message boards.

I feel like one of the most important rules in fantasy hockey is "dont trade Stamkos". IMO hes better (in fantasy) than Crosby, Malkin or Ovi because he never gets hurt.

Dont quit fantasy hockey, Im just giving you a hard time. You know your league better than we do so if you feel like it was the right move, its all u.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Threads like this annoy me.

Did he make a bad trade? Probably ya.

But after the 4th or 5th negative comment I think we could have stopped. Everyone doesn't need to hop in and make fun of him or tell him to quit fantasy hockey. And for an experienced guy like Mcgoo to make that comment in the 3rd page is just repulsive to me. No wonder people are nervous about posting on here.

Hope people are satisfied with themselves for being the 15th person to tell the guy he made a bad trade.

Hint hint... He probably already figured it out
    This is my favorite post of the summer.

Dobber Sports Guru

The only thing I don't understand is why you were going to lose Ovi or Stamkos for cap issues, but you can afford to sign a $7 million defenceman.

Are you able to drop players in your league? If so, you should have just dropped Bryz, and signed a cheaper dman.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid