Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forte or Ridley

Dobber Sports Sage

We'll see. I definitely agree that Bush was better than Vereen last year. How much was Woodhead involved with that rotation?

And if Bush is better then all the "experts" are wrong. The site I use had Vereen ranked 24,28, and 23 by their 3 experts while Bush was ranked 56, 57, and 49. ESPN had Vereen as #32 and Bush at #52.

I see it as Chicago's line has improved significantly so comparing last year's stats does not prove who is going to be better this year. Plus, Forte will be used much more in the passing game than last year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    We'll see. I definitely agree that Bush was better than Vereen last year. How much was Woodhead involved with that rotation?

And if Bush is better then all the "experts" are wrong. The site I use had Vereen ranked 24,28, and 23 by their 3 experts while Bush was ranked 56, 57, and 49. ESPN had Vereen as #32 and Bush at #52.

I see it as Chicago's line has improved significantly so comparing last year's stats does not prove who is going to be better this year. Plus, Forte will be used much more in the passing game than last year.
    "Experts" don't always get it right. Virtually every unknown or unproven commodity in NE gets hyped up. A few weeks ago, it was Dobson (WR). Now you hear names like Thompkins (WR) and Sudfeld (TE) floating arond. It's the "Brady" effect. Many are expecting Vereen to do some work. Yes, he's done well in brief periods and should do better with an expanded role, but he's further down the line in terms of contribution compared to others: Ridley, Amendola (Welker replacement) and probably one of the 2 WRs I just mentioned. Vereen at best is the 3rd option. If the rookie TE, Sudfeld, shows that he can play, he'll take Hernandez's old spot. And if Gronk returns to form, once he does come back, where does that leave Vereen? Bush doesn't have a situation in a state of flux. His situation is CLEAR.

I digress, though. We shall see as you stated.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Padawan

Tough decision between the two of these guys. In PPR, it's Forte no question as he is going to be used a ton through the air. Im thinking 70-80 catches this year.

I just wanted to comment on what has been discussed above. Chicago has a new coach and a new offensive philosophy. Forte was criminally under utililzed last year and Tresman doesn't look like he is going to be making the same mistake. Forte has been given a surprisingly massive workload and staying on the field when the offense gets in the red zone/goal to go situations. With the much improved O Line (Long is graded as the best player this pre season by PFF). I get the impression that Bush will be less of a threat to steal TD's this year. As a result, Forte should be looking at a double digit TD year too add to the yardage (1500 min)

In New England, they will run the ball like crazy this year. Ridley will not get all of the carries and is a fumble away from losing his job. This, to me is a massive red flag for drafting Ridley ahead of Forte. Vereen is an incredibly talented back that is going to be used much more in the running game, than the passing game. I'm not comparing the players here but I expect a split the way the Titans did with White and Johnson in his rookie year.

I would absolutely love to have either of these guys on all of my fantasy teams. Forte will have more total yards than Ridley and will narrow the TD difference between the two...give me Forte in any format.