Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2013 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League: Season 3

The Wolverine

My top two RB (picked in round 1 and 2) are injured.
    I just got beaten by over 50 points.
    My QB went 6-15 for 113 yds and a TD in a game which they won 34-3.
    I hate fantasy football.
    That is all.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    My top two RB (picked in round 1 and 2) are injured.
    I just got beaten by over 50 points.
    My QB went 6-15 for 113 yds and a TD in a game which they won 34-3.
    I hate fantasy football.
    That is all.
    LOL.
    Well... it won't make you feel any better... but I felt the same way last year when my 2nd/3rd round choices (Welker/Jennings) were both underperforming & injured.

This year, my 3rd/4th round WRs (R.White/Nicks) have both been crap.

Fantasy football is all about fun, and (IMO), is no reflection of actually picking the best team.
    Not to slam anybody who has been a past winner, but in 4-5 seasons of fantasy football... I have not yet seen somebody that consistently wins their one-year leagues on drafting only.

Soooo much luck in FF.... so much effin luck....
    Last edited by Pengwin7; October 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'd say. I was projected to get 93.93 points this week, and still lose. Now, after all my players are done, I sit with 67.48 points, and have a 19-point lead on my opponent, who only has Matt Ryan left to play, who is projected to get just under 19 points.

It's shaping up to be a close one, but whoever wins is darn lucky, considering we'll both finish 25-30 points under the projected line.

A lot of the luck comes in the matchups. I have only four less points than the Frisky Hobbits going into this week, but he's 3-1 while I'm 1-3. Two guys have 413 points so far: One sits at 4-0, the other at 2-2.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yup, lotta luck. Playing Demarius, Jackson, and Vick I thought I was done. Then Romo pretends he's the good version of Brady, Ridley doesn't play making me start Pierre 'Adrian Peterson' Thomas, and TY felt like impersonating Julio this week, and an unbeaten has fallen! Some weeks I love fantasy football, some weeks I hate it, but regardless the league said it best.

"There are many things you can do with your time. This is better than those things."

The Wolverine

LOL.
    Well... it won't make you feel any better... but I felt the same way last year when my 2nd/3rd round choices (Welker/Jennings) were both underperforming & injured.

This year, my 3rd/4th round WRs (R.White/Nicks) have both been crap.

Fantasy football is all about fun, and (IMO), is no reflection of actually picking the best team.
    Not to slam anybody who has been a past winner, but in 4-5 seasons of fantasy football... I have not yet seen somebody that consistently wins their one-year leagues on drafting only.

So true.

To add to my luck, two of my backups/replacements got hurt over the weekend. Thankfully I have Helu in case Morris can't go next week.

Dobber Sports Deity

How do you think I feel. I lost this week to the fighting newfies by less then half a point. 67.48 to 67.06

Massive under acheiving by pretty much my entire roster. Matt Ryan was almost spot on for his projections and the Cincy D had a big week but short of that, disappointment was thick on my roster.

Dont get me wrong, he had plenty of under achievers too, but still to lose that close is just sickening.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you guys are having RB problems, I got news for you son,
    I've got 99 problems but a back ain't one.
    Hit me! (up with a trade proposal)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    How do you think I feel. I lost this week to the fighting newfies by less then half a point. 67.48 to 67.06

Massive under acheiving by pretty much my entire roster. Matt Ryan was almost spot on for his projections and the Cincy D had a big week but short of that, disappointment was thick on my roster.

Dont get me wrong, he had plenty of under achievers too, but still to lose that close is just sickening.
    You would not believe how much I was cheering against Ryan on that final drive. I kept yelling for him to be sacked and fumble away the ball at the same time. And once he scored the TD, I didn't even look at the standings. I started screaming for the Jets to rush down the field and score a field goal just to rub it in Ryan's face.

I thought I was doing well until the fourth quarter. A rushing TD, Atlanta down by a bit. The Jets D doing well.

I hear ya about the close losses though. I lost one by 0.03 points earlier this year. They don't get suckier that that. Sometimes, I'd rather lose big then lose close.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

The Wolverine

If you guys are having RB problems, I got news for you son,
    I've got 99 problems but a back ain't one.
    Hit me! (up with a trade proposal)
    Well my problems are hopefully only temporary as Morris should be back this week and hopefully Jackson will be back next. Not sure I want to lose the few bright spots in my already weak lineup for a potential short term fix.

I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Well my problems are hopefully only temporary as Morris should be back this week and hopefully Jackson will be back next. Not sure I want to lose the few bright spots in my already weak lineup for a potential short term fix.

I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks.

FYI... wasn't necessarily directed at anybody.
    Just having some hip-hop fun...

The Wolverine

FYI... wasn't necessarily directed at anybody.
    Just having some hip-hop fun...
    It's all good. I seem to remember you mentioning earlier in the year about your RB depth and need for WR, so I put this and that together.

Should be interesting to see when the dust clears after the weekend with us 2-3 teams!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Mercy, I made two enormous mistakes this week and may still pull out a win.

On Saturday night, I was debating WRs:
    i) Jerricho Cotchery... who I took... and ended up with 0.00pts.
    ii) Brandon LaFell... who I didn't take... and ended up with 16+ pts.

Then, I went with Gore (10pts) instead of Moreno (28pts).

Well... at least my early season trade of Broyles-for-Moreno is looking good!

Dobber Sports Guru

Mercy, I made two enormous mistakes this week and may still pull out a win.

On Saturday night, I was debating WRs:
    i) Jerricho Cotchery... who I took... and ended up with 0.00pts.
    ii) Brandon LaFell... who I didn't take... and ended up with 16+ pts.

Then, I went with Gore (10pts) instead of Moreno (28pts).

Well... at least my early season trade of Broyles-for-Moreno is looking good!
    Davis getting 30 points sure helped. And Lynch getting almost 28 points too. That's 60 points from two guys.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Davis getting 30 points sure helped. And Lynch getting almost 28 points too. That's 60 points from two guys.
    Those guys are beasts when they are on!!!

Dobber Sports Guru

Those guys are beasts when they are on!!!
    Maybe, but those 30 points for Davis is more than he's had in the last four weeks combined. And in the previous three weeks, Lynch only had 35 points combined.

Why they both chose to break out on the same week in a matchup against my team boggles my mind.