Thread: Delzotto or Hamilton

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Delzotto or Hamilton

Points only keeper who do you pick, Delzotto or Dougie Hamilton?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hamilton longterm but it may take another year before he outscores MDZ.

Dobber Sports Guru

Del Zotto for the next 3 years. If you're rebuilding and looking longer-term I'd roll the dice with Hamilton.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Expert

Del Zotto in a points only, he will outscore Hamilton by at least 10-15 points in the next two years, after that it´s going to be close.

Del Zotto is still only 23, he was close or slightly better than 0.5 points per game in 3 of his 4 seasons, so i expect him to turn into a 50 point guy. Hamilton could be a little bit better, but not by much and that´s all but a sure thing.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hamilton gives off the signs of becoming special. The Bruins blueline isn't overwhelmed with NHL D-men. Every reason to hope for a 40 point season. I was impressed to learn that Hamilton was a spectacular scholar (OHL or CHL award for this). It shows that he takes everything he does very seriously. It is an indication of a mature young man. He is one of the rare young D-men that I would consider pursuing as a teenager. There's a very good chance he becomes an NHL star. I'm still not certain whether he's a future 40-50 pointer, or whether I believe the window is a bit higher. Remember, it's really only Erik Karlsson/Kris Letang that have a points window that is clearly above 50 points, in the NHL at this time. There are a few other NHL D-men that could have a career year and threaten in the 60 point window. It's not a common thing. In your pool, you are only rewarded for points. Opportunity abounds for this tremendous young man in Boston.

MDZ appears poised to run off a string of seasons in the 40-50 window. Young, mobile with a significant amount of NHL experience under his belt. I like the coaching change in New York for him. Torts was good for him, in making certain that he developed in his own end of the rink. Vigneault should be good for him, in allowing more offensive liberty. Few competitors for him for the top PP minutes.

I would suspect we'll see MDZ consistently projected in publications in the coming weeks in the 45-50 window. Slightly ahead of Hamilton. In straight points, I'm happy with either, but would likely retain my MDZ and the extra security he represents, in my mind. When CATS and Cap come into play, things are quickly edging towards grabbing Hamilton, as he has two more seasons on an ELC. In both instances, I'd be contemplating what I think the player will receive on his next contract, as that time comes closer. Both have the potential to become big money players. MDZ in 2015 and Hamilton in 2016.

Two great choices here.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

after watching AV coach for years, I've got to say I would probably pick Hamilton. Even though AV generally has Dmen join the rush, he also plays favorites and it's pretty hard to get out of his doghouse.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like Carcillo's advice above.

Agree, MDZ for the next 2-4 years, then Hamilton.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Pro

In short, I'd take Hamilton.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    In short, I'd take Hamilton.
    Totally agree

Dobber Sports Ninja

Del Zotto easily for me. Hamilton could turn out better, but it will likely take 2-3 years if ever.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket